question about Watts

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by stikyWeedFinger, Dec 23, 2010.

1. if I have a light bulb that is 65w but says its is equivalent to 300w what am i really getting.

2. 65 real
    300 percieved.
    Plants dont have much perception so really it still 65.

3. i know its 6500K, just wondering if its worth keeping it around. I cant put it in a nurmal lamp socket, it has its own ballest and shit

4. You need to look at the Lumens that will tell you the actual light output of the bulb.

Watts is a measurement of the energy the bulb consumes to produce the light.

5. ^True, but this info is known for most common bulbs. If your bulb has an "equivalent" wattage then it must be CFL, and a 65w CFL is a good bulb to have in your lighting mix. It is not enough by itself for even one plant, and at 6500k it is best for vegging not flowering.

6. My room is a 2 x 2 x 4, its not the only light and I have used this thing to clone, seedlings, veg and I kept it in for flower. I forgot the lummens but I know its enough for the space I have.

7. thenr why would you wanna know what you were " getting " if youve alredy got it and cloned with it and flowered with it? weird contradiction

8. I wanted to know if the watts were putting out more light as if it was 300w and not 65w. How was I contradicting myself? I don't get it. Why make a comment that has nothing to do with my question?

9. ya your dumb!I never said that I wasnt going to use a light that worked, read a F*****g book.

10. It's a 65w bulb, period. But I see jimi's point, it seems like you are asking about the bulb after you already know that it works. Not your actual question, more likely your question seems like what a lot of others would have been asking about their bulb. But you didn't.

No worries, guys, let's turn down the flames. Peace, love, all that crap OK?

11. I never asked if it worked wanted to know actual watts used. jimi is dumb

12. you are the dumb one ( no offense) but you answered your own question. you said you had a65w bulb that was 300 eqiv. so obviously it uses 65w. so if you dont know what equiv. means then maybe you should be the one to read a book? or a dictionary.
    and my dumb ass has a succesfull grow ? lets see how yours goes good luck to you
    hope you get alot of dank.

13. If I knew that the 300w equiv. on a 65w bulb only used 65w and wasnt really 300w than I would not have asked. I had many successful grows with this light and it was dank so thank you. if you want a link to the grow ill give it to you. I did mention that I used it with seeds veg and flower! :cool:

14. unsubbed have a good one

15. awwwwwwwww im so sad that you unsubbed, im gona miss you so much. this is a dead thread anyway. If someone could close this that would be great.:hello:

16. If this has devolved into nothing more than a name-calling pissing contest then I couldn't agree more... :(

17. well I got my question answered and I dont think that this thread will help anyone else