Question about watering autoflowers

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by edwardvanhalen, Dec 26, 2016.

1. Hey guys, how's everyone after Christmas?
    Well guys I made a mistake last month when I transplanted my auto when it was already 2 weeks old.
    That stunted it's growth a lot. So I'm going to be putting the seed right in the 2 gallon container I have.

The one thing I am worried about is watering it. I know at first it just needs to be sprayed the first couple days but how much water should I put it in when it gets to be 2 and 3 weeks old. Do you think that's old enough to fill up the whole container until I get run off. My last plant, I would water the whole bucket until their was run off but the plant was over 4 weeks old. I need an opinion on this one.

One more thing, what if I put too much water in the pot when their are barely any roots. Wouldn't the excess water create mold or something? I was thinking this is what perlite was for. Thanks guys

2. Well,I would treat it as a normal seedling mist it twice a day(morning and evening) also is what I do is give some good squirtings of the water just around the edge of pot(soil rim) allow that to soak down. You don't want the roots getting water right at its base,if so the roots don't spread as much. You want the roots to search out for water,thus creating a good root system......hope this helps

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  3. Hey buddy thanks for the reply, ya I hear what your saying. I think I might be over thinking it a little bit.
    My main concern is when to put so much water in it that it will run out the bottom. Peace buddy.

4. Well I give my seedlings a full watering (water runs out 10-20%) at a week old no harm ever!

5. Ya but your prolly growing a regular seed, not an autoflower. Auto's are so different than regular strains it's ridiculous. When I grew I never grew auto's. Then I got into it and realized that auto's need more attention than other strains.
    I've had a couple problems with auto's but I just love the fact they only take 8 weeks to finish.
    I know the yield is less than a regular strain but I smoke my weed and I only smoke a couple bowls a day.
    The other thing is it takes a lot longer to harvest than an auto but the yield difference can be huge. You can grow a plant that has a pound on it probably. The bad thing is it takes a lot longer to harvest and I'm an inpatient person lol.

When I buy my green it's 60 an 8th, damnit lol. Anyway, when I get paid I buy a quarter, which obviously 120 bucks. That much green lasts me about 12 days or so.
    If I start an auto September 1st it would be done by the beginning of November. It took my last auto 8 weeks to finish and I was so surprised because I use cfl's so I thought it would take around 12 weeks.
    So a good auto should yield around an ounce or so depending on the container size but I'm terrible at guessing yields.
    If I yield an ounce off my dark devil, I can start a plant September 1st then in the middle of October I can start another plant. This will mean I will never need to buy weed again. Which is pretty much like heaven even though I don't believe in it lol. Thanks for the reply bra, have a good day.

6. lol I low rider auto!

7. Have*

8. Take it for what's it's worth......peace out!

9. That's a big coincidence considering their are hundreds of strains out their lol. I think mine was called short rider though, not low rider. What company did you get it from, I think mine was from nirvana.

10. Yes nirvana is where mine came from...its low rider

11. Sorry I must have looked at the name wrong,mine is called short rider

12. There's probably a strain called low rider too lol.

13. This is lies

Your threads in 2012 are blueberry autos

And you asked like 99% of these questions back then

You apparently didn't learn

• Like Like x 4
  14. Try sweet seeds bro. All have lovely strains under 75 days or less. Dark devil. Devil cream, Cream mandarin, red poison etc. I have 4 dark devil going now

Sent from my LGLS675 using Tapatalk

15. Thanks for looking at my page and reminding me. I guess I forgot lol. Ur right I guess I didn't learn. Even the king makes mistakes.

16. Ok buddy I just checked it out and I like how they have the option to buy purple auto's. The strains look really nice and colorful too. The problem is that I didn't see anything about the seeds being feminized.
    I don't want to grow a plant for a couple weeks and end up with a male you know.
    I can't wait to get dark devil, how old is yours and is it showing any color yet. Send me a pic, thanks for the reply.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Here's a pic where it says feminized [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  18. This one says fem and non auto

19. All autos are females lol

20. I never seen an auto turn male