question about water quality

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by some dude, Apr 9, 2009.

1. Some dude has got a nice spot to grow this year. Plenty of sun, secluded, and close to a small natural pond. However he is concerned about the large population of wild hogs in his area wallowing, shitting, vomiting in his water as these fuckers can carry some nasty diseases and parasites. The dude has taken precautions to protect his plants against these beasts but will the water risk the health of the plants or the dude? There is a backup water source, just a lot more work. Any comments or suggestions would be much appreciated.

2. Hog shit is fert, and your plants won´t catch any parasites or diseases from hogs. You might though.

3. The only concern I would have is the pigs rooting up the grow. Those things are like a damn rototiller and can destroy everything in their path.

4. Add a little Hydrogen peroxide if you are too concerned...that is my first guess.

5. Yup, this happened to the dude last year. I think they were after the fish guts in his soil. This year he will be using some less stinky ferts, staking down chicken wire around each plant, and spreading some human odors. Judging by your name you've had problems with these bastards to.

6. I just did some reading on hydrogen peroxide, interesting. The dude has never used it in his garden before. What strength peroxide and how much per gallon of water? How often can it be used? Has anyone ever used this as a pesticide?

7. Maybe leave a cheap propane stove out there and boil your water first.