Question about ventilation

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Millwright101, Jan 25, 2017.

1. Hi everyone this is Millwright 101. I have a question about setting up my ventilation. This is my very first ever grow so please don't beat me up too bad. Lol but I have a fairly decent size grow room I'm building. 14ft by 15ft with 8ft ceilings. I bought a CanFan 12 inch blower with a Air box 4 stealth. I was wondering if it is ok to place this setup in an adjacent room and remove the air from up top and return it back to the room at the bottom. My thinking is that the room will maintain normal room temp. I have a window AC unit that I will use to bring in fresh air and control the room temp along with baseboard heat. But I'm using the vent system to recirculate the air and control odor. But I'd like to know if this will work for me. I am only gonna grow 4 plants in this size room. I just bought the Current Culture 4xl with the 13g buckets. So I don't think heat will be an issue. I'm gonna use 2 600w HPS lights. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks very much from Millwright 101

2. That will work great

3. You will be returning hot air back into the room continuously which I guarantee will cause overheated issues. You really want to exhaust the hot air somewhere else like outside and allow cool air from a passive intake low down in the room to be drawn in by the lower pressure caused by the exhaust
    Also acs are very expensive to run so the less u have to use it the better

• Like Like x 1
  4. I know it will be expensive to run. But I'll have to anyway because it gets hot in the summer time here in OH. But i have a way to get outside air in if I fave to. But if I recirculate the way I talked about it should keep odor down and maintain room air temp. If I'm wrong let me know. I'm new at this. Plus I'll be bringing fresh air in from the fan on the window AC. And I can add another blower and attach to an outside vent. I have a huge old farm house so I have many options.

5. I just want to know if it will be effective doing it this way. If not I'd like to know a better option. The room is big enough that I won't have much of a heat problem. I plan on keeping the room at 70deg.

6. Don't underestimate the heat put off by ur lights

7. I won't.and thanks for ur comment. Like I said I'm just a beginner at this and I welcome all advice. And looking to make some friends as well and so far everyone is very cool. Not a lot of negativity and that's groovy. Too old for that shit.

8. And thanks to everyone for the help

9. If you plan to use 2x 600w HPS without a cool tube or similar, and you are recycling the air, then like mentioned before you might run into heat problems. The system you mention does not seem to have a fresh intake of air, and your plants will need that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

10. #10 Four_Hundred_Twenty, Jan 25, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2017
    Detroit area here. Similar temps, lol. My rooms:

Flower- 8x8x8
    2 1000w HPS run at 750w each 12/12 off during daytime
    Oil filled radiator heater set to 70° for lights out
    6" incoming fresh air vent to the rest of my basement
    6" fan on a Can 50 carbon filter pushes air out of room

Which via duct work blows into:

Veg- 5'x5'x6.5' tent
    1 400w MH that runs 24/7
    4" fan and small carbon can blow back into flower room via duct work.

My temps range from 71° lights out and 74° lights on. The cool air from flower room mixes with warm veg room air and helps keeps my flower room warm during lights out. I have run both lights at full blast for 6 hours during the day and never got over 79°. It's so stable my buddies can't believe it. They all thought for sure it would go over 85°.
    IMG_7710.JPG
    IMG_7710.JPG IMG_7788.JPG

11. I have a 24"x48"x72" tent I have a 600w cooltube,6" inline duct fan and carbon filter for exhaust and have the 2 end flaps open on the tent for passive intake. The exhaust is vented out my window. The room the tent is in,I keep at 74 degrees. I also have another ducted vent from window allowing the fresh outside air to be softly and gradually pulled n the room via the ac systems return in my room....my temps inside tent while light is running full wattage ranges from 78-82 degrees while lights are out my tent stays 70-74

12. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

13. The other tent is a 2-1 veg/seedling/clone tent it has in it ATM 2x short rider autos in it under a 300w LED here are those ladies light on 24hours these ladies are 12 days out of soil(pics are 11 days out of soil)[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

14. But I will have fresh air intake from the window AC fan which is large. And I'll have the AC running with the thermostat. We have goofy weather here in OH. 55 deg yesterday and low and snow tomorrow. I was hoping the AC fan could provide enough of the fresh air, which I know I need. But trying to keep room air as close as I can. I may be able to bring air from the downstairs also. I'm kinda brainstorming and trying to come up with the best plan for my plants. They will have good air. I just want to use the blower for odor in case my mom decides to drop in unexpected. Lol. But I'll put in another blower for the lights if I need to. I'm just trying to do it right the first time.

15. That's a nice set up. I don't have a tent. I'm building mine out of a spare bedroom. But I like ur set up. Im not to far from ya. Down here in Marion, Oh. Just north of Columbus. But I go up to Mich quite often to Lake Lobdell.