Question about ventilation (Covering the smell of buds)

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by JollyStoner, Dec 3, 2009.

1. I have an attached 1 car garage and was curious about growing 1 maybe 2 plants in there. I dont have any windows or vents to suck out the air. The only 2 vents are the one thats above the water heater and one that our dryer is hooked up to.

How bad would the smell be from 1 plant when it starts budding? Is it powerful enough to get into the house if I keep the door shut? Can it be covered up by any deodorizers? Anyone have any suggestions?

2. #4 JollyStoner, Dec 4, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 4, 2009
    I'll definitely be getting something like Ona.. just curious though about how powerful the smell would be coming off of one plant. Im thinking about maybe doing something so I can share the vent pipe with the dryer.. just dont know how its going to work properly together.

Anyone use the "Fresh Wave" gels? They have good reviews on Amazon.

3. since your growing 2 plants get a grow cabnet with a vent fan. Ona gel plus and vent fan with a filter. My buddy grows in his garage too and he uses fabric softners on the outside of the vent fan it also helps that the washing machine and dryer are close by

4. As long as ur buying the ONA do a search here for the ona bucket. Easy to make. Although I can't find a fan locally to save my life. Only heaters in stores now. Good luck.

5. Yep, found the ONA bucket earlier.. looks like a great idea. I think im gonna try the odor absorbing gel first and if that doesnt work then go for the bucket. The reviewers on Amazon for the "fresh wave" say that they only use about 4 to 6 ounces of it and it lasts a couple months. They have a 64 ounce bottle for about 33 bucks (shipping included) if it really does work it would be worth the price since it should last a good while in a jar that size.

6. Try these guys.Florahydroponics.com

This is where Amazon get's theirs. I ordered the ONA Pro gel. Which is the liquid already in absorbing crystals. They recommended it over the alternative. You can get it in a quart or a bucket. They treated me well.