question about veg nutes in sog and possible germination issue

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by justcallmesir, Apr 26, 2011.

1. im starting a new grow and i think im having a bit of a problem. this isnt my first time or anything but im having a HUGE germination problem (possibly). Im going sog with seeds (i know, "use clones!" but i have multiple hid lights so i can arrange them by height no problem) and so far i only have been able to get about 25% of all them to sprout. im starting to worry that i have a bunch of duds.

the beans to pop up first were newest (got them maybe 2 months ago) and 3/10 of my mystery strain that i been working with popped up (those beans are my oldest in stock...about 2yrs old) the rest are all newer.

i dont ever use the paper towel method. i simply put them in the soil the old fashioned way and keep them wet. (not soaked...just not allowing it to dry out) ive only not been able to make 1 seed germinate ever by simply putting them in soil right away. Room humidity hangs around 70% (give or take 5-10% at any given time of day).

my fear is they wont all germ so ill have to transplant them into 3 or 5 gal pots and veg them out and go about it that way.

also...assuming im lucky enough to do a sog grow this time i was curious to know how do i work the feeding schedule when it comes to veg nutes as i know i shouldnt feed a veg schedule when i have them going 12/12 all the way through...and i cant feed them for 2 weeks (they r from seed not clone) and once i can feed veg nutes they'll be heading into flower already or just about.

so how do you feed an sog crop if you go 12/12 throughout from seed?