Question about trichome production in pollenated marijuana

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by alb420247, Feb 18, 2009.

1. I am currently in my first grow and am at week 5 in flowering. Im growing two mango females and a bubblegum female. i noticed last week that a couple lower branches on one of my mango's had hermied on me so i trimmed them up immediately hoping i caught them early enough. But alas, i didnt cause this week my pistils are all turning brown and you can see the little seed pods forming everywhere. Im a little bummed but not too upset as i consider this a learning experience for me. Now that i know my plants have definately been pollenated my question is this, will trichome production sease completely now and just be diverted to seed formation, or will they still continue to gain in THC and fatten up? I still have 3 or 4 weeks left in flowering and theyre already pretty frosty but could be a little fatter. Also im in FFOF soil under a 400w HPS with Fox Farm nutes half strength and Molasses 1 tbl per gal.... any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. No, trichome production will not cease. The natural function of the trichomes is primarily as a sunblock to protect the plants. Some have even argued that the trichomes can be thicker on seeded bud. I won't dive off into that one, suffice it to say that seeded bud can be potent just seedy. Do keep in mind that some mass of the buds is unsmokable seeds, so the net yield will be less.

3. Cool, that was all i needed thanks toasty.:D

4. any new grows alb? :cool:

5. I have smoked seeded bud - just pop the seeds out. It tasted fine with a good high.