Question about this other drug rule

Discussion in 'General Forum Feedback' started by Mogwai, Aug 22, 2012.

1. So alas, here I am again asking the staff a question regarding rules. Go figure.

Anyway, I'm wondering exactly what constitutes "drug discussion". It seems it could be something that could fuck you up, or it could be something that is simply a substance that the body can ingest that it doesn't produce on it's own.

Take calcium for example. Simply discussing the nature of calcium wouldn't constitute drug discussion I'm quite sure. However discussing Tums could, even though it's just calcium carbonate. So would saying "I took some Tums for heartburn" be drug discussion, or would it be discussing health and nutrition? What about other supplements?

Then there are other things that just aren't drugs. Halbenaro peppers for example. We can discuss those, right? But if I were to eat a large amount of them I could induce a euphoric effect. If I were to discuss that would this be a discussion of other drugs? So are peppers therefore a drug?

I'm pretty confused about this whole drug rule because it's so vague. It is basically "no discussion OTHER drugs". But what constitutes "drug"? Couldn't one argue that preservatives and additives in MANY store bought foods are drugs (because they DO have an effect on the human body that's unnatural) and so they should be banned from discussion? And couldn't one argue that supplements aren't drugs but rather things that the body already produces and are just a means of maintaining a healthy diet for some people?

I'm not trying to argue with the drug rule. I know you guys are unwilling to consider that. I'm just asking you to make the no drug rule a little more specific so members can understand better. I'm in the process of making a lot of lifestyle changes and a significant portion of that concerns my diet.. But I'm not sure what I'm allowed to discuss and what I'm not. And the last thing I want to do is get banned from the only forum I go to anymore over some dumb shit.

2. IMHO (which doesn't count) If you are discussing the use of dietary supplements for the purpose of diet you're ok.

If you are discussing anything with the intent of using it to produce an un-natural effect, you have crossed the line.

Common sense must apply, but oftentimes is not so common anymore. :smoke:

3. The thing that confuses me is they sell 'legal highs' in the GC shop, but we can't talk about them in the forums? I heard the forum and the shop are different though.

Not complaining, I just find it confusing....personally I think the shop should get rid of it, those can fuck you up.