Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Question about thick smoke.

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by 907ak, Dec 6, 2010.

1. Okay, well i just have a quick question.
    When I hit a joint or a blunt, i get nice Thick smoke which is perfect for ghosting it / rings.
    BUT when i hit a pipe my smoke is light, and not good for tricks, so is there any reason why not?

Basically what im saying is, what makes your smoke thick?

2. I dont smoke a lot of blunts, so im no expert. but I would think its the paper, that or the smaller hole you hit out of.

3. idk that happens for me too but i think it has to do with the carb
    cause when i keep the carb closed, i get thick smoke from my spoon

4. it depends on the amount of smoke you take into your mouth. With the joint you have such a small space between you and the cherry, your breath is then more effective at pulling in the smoke. With a pipe you are only breathing in the little bit of smoke that is inside the glass(which in reality is not very much), so it is less dense. :smoke:

5. I notice when people I'm smoking with don't inhale fully into there lungs, the smoke is dense on the exhale because what it's been just sitting in there mouth/throat? Where is if a hits taken straight into the lungs then exhaled its less dense. I tested it a few times and it's easy to tell between the two.

But since your comparing two different smoking methods its hard to tell.

6. Most likely because you don't inhale as deep with a pipe compared to a joint/blunt.
    Also if you smoke a joint a typical person exhales a lot quicker, so the smoke is thicker.

7. A few reasons

1: A paper or blunt is material other than herb, and burns thicker itself.
    2: In a pipe, there is usually no slowing or cooling mechanism, so the smoke goes DIRECTLY from the burning bowl to your lungs, with maybe a few seconds of linger in the mid-section. With a joint, it must travel through the rest of the herb in the joint, this also helps cool it a bit and condense it [which is why roaches contain the most tar].
    3: Joints have a smaller, more slow burning cherry. Because a bowl is exposed to almost unlimited oxygen, the cherry spreads faster and burns quicker. This doesnt always mean your getting more of a hit, but it definitely begins to burn quicker.

8. sweet guys. i guess this helped a bit! ill just try shit out, see how it goes, maybe get back to you guys if im not too stoned :smoke:

9. No! Avatar stealer!

10. I'm pretty sure paper would make the smoke thicker, but if you take big enough hoots from the pipe, they should be pretty much the same.

11. Inhale hard as fuck on a joint and you will get MAD smoke.

If you jet-light a massive bowl on a bong and it all gets burned at once, wow. That is some thick smoke my blades

12. Joined earlier, Sept 2010, you were Oct 2010. You lose sir.

13. I have contributed more to the City in a shorter amount of time, no good sir, you lose.

14. Most of the pipe smoke goes directly into your lungs, that's why you don't see many people doing smoke tricks with them. For some reason it's naturally easier to leave the smoke in your mouth with a joint/blunt than with glass.

15. Do you realize how petty this makes you look? You said he was a "theif" of your avatar; and all he did was prove you wrong. He established his account first, and probably added that avatar. >_>

16. I was messing with him man, it's teh internets, calm down. Do you honestly think I care that much?

17. You seem might serious, lmao.

18. The reason your smoke is lighter while using a pipe is because releasing the carb is essentially the same as inhaling the blunt or joint. When you ghost it or blow smoke rings you don't inhale yet, but when you hit a spoon or what have you you're probably releasing the carb. Hold your thumb on that bitch and rip, then see what kind of smoke you get.