Question about the legality of distributing homegrown product

Discussion in 'Marijuana Business and Industry' started by Carni, Jan 27, 2019.

1. I've read that it's legal to transfer up to 1 oz of flower to any adult in CA. I've also seen dealers ask for "donations" in exchange, and this is even advertised on Weemaps. How legal is this? Asking for research purposes only.

2. As far as I know, according to the CA law, it's illegal to give away cannabis without a state license (and any applicable local licenses). Maybe a law was passed subsequently for compassionate care, but I haven't heard about it. Hope that helps...

3. It is legal to transfer (not sell) up to 1oz of flower to any adult in CA.

Source:

California Marijuana Laws - Explained by Criminal Defense Lawyers

Finally, transporting marijuana without intent to sell it, or giving marijuana away, is not a crime in California so long as both of the following are true:
    1. You transport or give away not more than 28.5 grams of marijuana or eight grams of concentrated cannabis, and
    2. Any people you give marijuana to are 21 years of age or older.

I am wondering what loophole allows dealers to ask for donations in exchange for the product.

4. I have a question about selling clones.....is it legal? Read a long time ago that it's basically a loophole until the new laws came out but never heard. Applied for a sellers permit but never heard about that either....

5. Exactly why I dont sell clones. Still shady as shit

6. Clones are tricky because they are technically not the final product. If anything, distributing clones should be even more legal, but don't take my word for it.

7. I read you can gift them but no numbers were given. I have sent emails to the 'clone shops' asking for a little bit of help with the legality issues but of course no answers, who wants to help a competitor? Or maybe they thought Gov agent hahahaha

8. I thought of asking my dealer too, but figured it's best to respect their privacy.

• Like Like x 1