Question about the health of a plant!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Murcid, Jul 1, 2020.

1. So my plants pistils are slowly turning red. What is the cause of this?

Attached Files:

2. Looks like a male plant to me. Could we get a couple more pics? I'd be more concerned about the sex than the color of the pistils at this point.

3. Am I missing something? I do not see any pistils, I don't even see any flowers.

4. Looks like budrot

What's the humidity at, do you have any airflow?

5. So you don’t see any pistils in the first image? I’m pretty sure this was a female unless it turned hermie on me. I don’t see any bananas. Here’s some more images. The only thing that I can think of is it’s bud rot. Which would suck

Attached Files:

6. I have lots of air flow and humidities always at 45/50%

7. This is because I went lower down the branch I think.

8. Here are more pics

Attached Files:

9. Are you sure that that is cannabis? I don't see anything with more than 3 leaves and a lot with only 1 leaf. Almost looks like Ruderalis.

10. I don't see any brown pistils in the new pics either and they are not your greatest concern. That looks like a male plant my friend once grew because she did not know what cannabis is supposed to look like.

11. Wow no way ruderalis? Is that a male plant like hemp? So this plant is no good??

12. I think you are right Saint... I was trying to look for a leaf like this one. It has only 5 blades does this mean ruderalis?

Attached Files:

13. Also I think my plant might have re-vegged at some point and that’s why only three or one leaf.

14. Also gentlemen.. I was mistaken. I didn’t mean pistils. I mean the tear drop structure that has red hairs coming out of it. I guess female reproductive organ or something. I’m pretty sure it’s female but it might be ruderalis

15. Not sure, but that looks like drawings and pics I've seen of cannabis ruderalis

16. Rudealis is a type of autoflowering plant, has nothing to do with the plant being male or female. It is small and typically has high CBD and low THC content. Originates from Siberia. All auto's have rudealis in their genetics. Pistils are those hairs, but those are not female reproductive organs. Female reproductive organ is a flower, those looks like pollen sacks ie male.

Cannabis ruderalis - Wikipedia

17. Thank you for clearing that up lmao. I was getting scared thinking this plant was bad.. It’s definitely got some ruderalis because it’s auto flower. But I see flowers. Are you positive it’s a male? Let me send more pics. (First one is of the flower that I think I see lol). Thanks for your help, btw guys! I definitely need it.

Attached Files:

18. Now that I took more pics, pic number 2 looks like it has a pollen sac to the upper left and what looks like a flower or pre flower at the middle right.. do I have a hermie?

19. Now that I've seen all the pictures, it's definitely budding, but still looks odd. Either it has revegged or you have a hermie. If that's the only plant you have, ride it out and harvest it. I've had some decent smoke from hermies in the past. If you have other plants, I'd get it out of there ASAP.

20. Thanks guys I’ll ride it out and see what happens and I have no other plants

• Like Like x 1