Question about the Atmos Raw

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by foppinanrockin, Feb 13, 2014.

1. Okay so I've seen some posts about the Atmos Raw before, but they seem pretty dated and seem not to answer my specific question. I recently bought one from a buddy, and WOW, as an electronic pipe this thing hits you like a wall. I however, want to vaporize. My model did not come with the glass screen, so I am wondering if the glass screen is actually able to make the pen vaporize rather than combust, as the company says. Just want some opinions before I make a purchase. Also, if there are any other tips/mods to make this thing vaporize, or just make it better in general, that would be greatly appreciated! Thanks. 

2. Good for concentrates.    Lousy for dry herb.

3. The Atmos Raw though is great if you just want a portable bowl that you don't need a lighter for but the smoke you exhale is basically the same as if you took a bowl hit - lot's of visible and potent smelling smoke comes out of it (you will most likely combust your herb not due to using it wrong but just how the unit was made.

What you said basically summed up my thoughts on it with "I recently bought one from a buddy, and WOW, as an electronic pipe this thing hits you like a wall. I however, want to vaporize." I even tried bending a screen and putting it at different levels to prevent the coil from being in direct contact with the herb but I didn't have much luck with getting it to vape. I'd look into something else to use for vaping as by the time you rig it up (however that would even be done) you could purchase a actual vaporizer & spend less doing so.

That's my experience with it, I am sure there are people who use it with/without a screen and will say it gives crazy vape hits n all that but for myself I can't really even feel comfortable saying the Atmos Raw is a actual vaporizer ;(

Best of luck.

4. The glass screen inserts don't help. Atmos Raw can not vape herbs. It's combustion only.