Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Question about THC & Bongs

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Placid, May 20, 2011.

1. How long does it take after you inhale the smoke from a bong for the full amount of THC to be absorbed into your body? Is there any difference from holding a cone for say, 3 seconds to perhaps 10-15 seconds?

.. I personally just count to 6 when everytime I rip a cone, don't really know why though lol

2. I like to think so.

3. somewhere around 90% of the THC absorbs fairly instantly (not instantly of course, but its close lol) and id say (and from what ive read, many will agree) 3-5 seconds of holding is all you need, after your doing more harm to your lungs than the tiny shred of cannabinoids left is worth....

4. I heard 95% of the THC is absorbed within the first 5 seconds

5. Yeah, you don't wanna hold it in too long, anything after 6 seconds is just unnecessary and will only do damage.

6. Ok, thanks! :D

7. 4-5 seconds is how I hold it in for, after that my lungs just burn and it really does hurt.

8. I heard 4 seconds and 90% of the THC in the smoke is absorbed into your lungs.

But there's all sorts of different accounts so now I'm not sure. I'd like to see some science behind this.

9. A lot of people think that holding it in longer than necessary will get you higher, but this is mostly due to the lightheadedness you'll receive from holding your breath... haha, so yeah, what everyone else said: around 5 seconds.

10. I'm pretty sure 90-95% is absorbed before the first second, as Sirsog said.

11. ive read that all of it is absorbed in the first 3 seconds. but i still hold it for about 5