Question about subbing with QuickFix Plus 5.7 and a choice of labs to visit

Discussion in 'General' started by thisguychris, Jun 23, 2013.

1. Long time reader/fan of the site, been registered for a while and this is my first post. 

So here's my story.

I have a pre-employment screening for a very large oil company IT position, starting as a contract-to-hire through a contracting agency. I'm looking at a 70k/year starting pay so I'd really like to not screw this up. I've made it all through the interviews and I've been offered the position pending a drug and alcohol screening done at a lab of my choosing. They're sending me some kind of paperwork overnight with a list of labs in my area, so from what I've gathered its up to me where to go to get my screenings done.

My past : I've gone back and forth with these people for the last 6 months or so, first being told I was going to be considered and then not, etc. I gave up hope after the last "no its not going to happen" and resumed smoking for a few weeks. My use was pretty heavy, probably 2-3 grams of high quality bud a day. That was about 2 months ago. So in the last 2 months or so, I've gone on two 28-30 day stints of not smoking. I was in some pretty awful back pain in the midst of these breaks and smoked about half a gram over a day after not smoking for 30 days, and its been about 33 days since then. Yesterday I went to a local head shop and got a home testing dip strip kit and I tested positive to my bewilderment. I went off of the rule that about 30 days will flush out the metabolites and apparently I was wrong. I'm 5' 11'' and about 200 lbs, not very active and I've put on a few pounds since the last time I smoked. I read this could just stack on top of the fat that held the metabolites before. In the state of panic I was in as you could imagine, I started reading up on my options. 

1) Diluting - seems a risky move that I'd rather not take.
    2) Detox drinks - also seems risky and not a for sure way.
    3) Detoxing the natural way - I have to submit my screening before the 1st of July so I don't know that I'm confident about this method.
    4) Synthetic substitute - From my research this seems to be one of the best options, while not guaranteed of course. 

I purchased a QuickFix Plus 3 oz product today. From what I can find online, the batch I have is not one of the recalled products. I'll call on Monday when the customer service is open to verify. It seems that I have my choice of labs in the Houston area. I've found Labcorp, Quest, Anylabtestnow to be some of the more major branches. If I had my choice, would there be any recommendations to try and sub with my QuickFix? I've scoured this forum and the web for pass/fail stories, and it seems that the pass stories heavily outweigh the fail stories. 

Has anyone had good/bad experience with any? Any to stay away from when subbing? 
    I know nothing is a 100% pass and I thought I've done a good job by not smoking for a solid month. I have about a week or so to get this done. Any input is welcome.

Thanks!