Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Question about Strains

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by barrano247, Jul 10, 2013.

1. I was wondering, when it comes to classic strains like northern lights, alaskan thunderfuck, GDP, blueberry, etc., are they still a lot better/stronger than new strains? Like in dispensaries they replaced alot of legendary strains with newer, less well known ones. So are the new ones, especially the ones that come from seedbanks, better than the classic strains? 

2. just like anything else in this world there is always something new and better. An example - when i first began smoking I'll never forget the classic "white widow"..before dispensaries it was (supposedly) the strongest strain on the block until low and behold, the release of medical grade marijuana. Seedbanks and pharm industries are constantly working on producing different strains for whatever their purpose may be. In states like Colorado they are permitted to produce strains for whatever purpose which means somewhere within Colorado there are people working on some crazy shit. In states where weed is strictly legalized for medical purposes they are only allowed to produce strains within the means of its medical purpose. For example, if they need a strain to produce a relaxed feeling for nervousness they will do just that. But to be honest, when they say they need a strain for (let's take my example) to anxiety, they are only gonna work on making it stronger. So the short answer to your question after reading the long answer is yes, there are stronger strains.

3. on the contrary, I would say that strain name is insignificant compared with grow technique. Plant some alaskan thunderfuck seeds, neglect the plant, and see how it compares to some mexican bag seed that ended up being dank due to you taking care of the plant.

That pretty much holds unless you are speaking strictly hypothetically as if all those different strains were grown ideally to their maximum potentness. In that case, of course the (successful) newer strains are stronger. The red-ryder probably isn't the best bb gun on the market anymore, just like Snoop dogg isn't the best rapper anymore (not that he ever was, but seriously that guy has gone down the tubes). 

4. Its a toss up and depends on what you call better. Some of the most potent strains are more modern hybrids. However, when you compare top shelf cannabis strains, your really splitting hairs given that they were grown well. Once you get into comparing 18% thc vs 23% its all some pretty good weed. Which is best comes down to taste and effect, which is a personal choice.