question about starting seed on flowering schedule

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by kushkushmen, Feb 21, 2011.

1. this may be a stupid question to some but i am just not sure as to the affects of starting from seed on a 12/12 flowering schedule. will the plant just skip veg altogether and immediately start flowing? i am very familiar with starting in the party cups but i have always later transplanted into a larger pot for flowering. i am interested in just flowering them in the cups. as i have seen many people have had very good results in doing this. so this raises another question. if you start the seeds immediately on a 12/12 light schedule does the nute schedule you would normally feed the plant remain the same? or would i need to start off with a flowing nute schedule? :confused:

2. Why not just get an autoflowering strain?

3. Beat me to the punch...lol

4. dont you have to run them on a veg cycle first and then trick then into thinking autumn is coming by reducing the daylight they get.

so if you started on 12/12 you would probably have to drop to 8/16 to trick them into flowering.

just get an autoflowering strain but then most want 18 hours of daylight for optimal growth but if you dont mind reducing the yield you could run 12hours or whatever

5. no. if you start a seed on 12/12 it will yeild like 2 grams max. it buds really young. no point in doing this unless you have like 6'' of grow space. just veg for atleast 2 weeks. then you'll get atleast a half oz.

6. yes i understand the yield will be greatly reduced but im not worried about that. so back to my another words i should veg for about a week or two then switch to flowering and the plant should remain very small its entire life cycle correct?

7. Correct...you can veg it as long as you want if you wanted. But yes you can veg for a week or two. I don't know their names but if seen some grow in soda cans and what not so...GL!:smoke:

8. why dony you just get an auto strain? they dont veg for much more than a few weeks before they start to flower anyway

9. the auto's can still grow to be quite a large plant im more interested in very wide and shallow pots and to eventually bonsai the plant to full flowering and reach no higher then about a foot.

10. check out lowryder strains, they stay betwenn 12-14 inches and seed to weed in 60 days.

11. thanks!, anyone have any details on this strain? personal experience is it indica/sativa? and hows the smoke scale of one to ten?