Question about some fresh indoor bud..

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Stigma, Aug 16, 2011.

1. I figured I would put this in this forum cause u guys would have a better idea of what this could be...

I just got a oz of some really decent indoor affgooey. The only problem is it like SIZZLES when I light it. Its not wet at all. It was chopped down 15 days ago and has been hanging ina cool dark room with good ventilation the entire time.

I am really good friends with the guy that grew it and he doesnt know what the hell is wrong with it.

It was grown in soil and he said he even flushed it longer than usual.

Does anyone know what would cause this?

Is there any way to cure it to fix it??

Any help is greatly appreciated.

2. Chopped down 15 days ago? That's it? Didn't he cure it at all? I dry mine for about a week and then cure it for at least another month before I even think about putting a flame to it.

3. For real???

I have gotten shit from him in 2 weeks before and it never sizzled like this man.

I agree. It could definitely sit in a glass jar for a while. But this shit is MAJORLY sizzling...

If I let it dry more will it help?

4. #4 mjgrow420, Aug 16, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2011
    Even after it has been hung up to dry for a week or so it can still have a considerable amount of moisture in it. The outside of the bud may feel dry but the inside can still be moist. Curing it takes care of that by allowing the moisture from the center of the bud to distribute itself evenly throughout the bud. . Try letting it cure in a jar for a while. Open the jar for a few minutes a couple of times a day to let out any excess moisture. It helps with taste, smell and most importantly, potency. I know it sucks waiting for it and it's very tempting to take a few nugs once in a while but you'll be glad you waited.

Also, if he watered it right before he chopped it, it can have more moisture in it and will take longer to dry.

5. Thanks man. I just called my boy and Im borrowing one of his nice jars. :D

I just read a thing off google that basically says the same thing...