Question About Soil Fertilizer

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Damar, Feb 13, 2008.

1. hey guys,

i need to plan out the nutrient distribution schedule for my garden ;), so i was wondering if i could get a couple nods from you guys on the forums on whether or not this will be alright:

for the vegetative, i wanna use Super Veg A & B
    http://www.hydroempire.com/store/product_info.php/cPath/6_48_78/products_id/218
    http://www.hydroempire.com/store/product_info.php/cPath/6_48_78/products_id/220

for simplicity and consistency, i'd want to go with Super Bloom A & B during flowering (if you look around the website you can find the descriptions for those too).

i have never worked with serious nutrients before, only using Shultz 10-15-10 fertilizer, so i was also wondering if you guys have any tips on them in general, as in creating the right nutrient solutions concentrations, etc... are the directions on the bottle pretty direct? probably. i'm just excited to see some big... flowering tops.

2. that stuff isn't going to be very good for flowering. those NPK ratings aren't what you want for flowering. you want higher P for flowering. those ones have higher N, which is for veg, which is probably why it's called Super Veg.

3. i dunno if you made a typo about the super veg, since they have seperate bloom and veg formulas, but you got me to check out the ratios a bit more and you're right, the bloom mix is lacking a phosphorous component completely...

neways, do you guys have a good reccommendation for what nutrients to use for a soil grow?

4. you posted a link to super veg, so thats all i saw. but i'm glad you looked further into it and found out for yourself it wont work that well. i personally go with the lucas formula using General Hydroponics. have had great results. but i use coco not soil. a lot of people i know use botanicare pure blend pro, look it up.

5. yea, i was looking at the pure blend pro, but i decided to f i all... i'm getting funded by my peoples, so i'm just going all out and getting the FoxFarm 3-bottle Soil Pack, and they have a feeding chart at the place i was looking to order, so I think it's all good.... I may want some liquid karma or something tho, as a booster,

any more questions, comments...? they don't want me to post pics, but i may not be able to resist in a few weeks ;) so... watch out!

6. sounds good man, let us know how it works out for ya!