question about smoking and sports

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by heyyoufinethang, Jul 1, 2009.

1. well im in football preseason training with my team for the highschool and our season doesnt start untill august 19th and untill then i have weighttraining and conditioning on mondays wednesdays and thursdays all through the summer. Now when do you think im able to smoke without any noticable effects (negitive)?? like once every two weeks or what:confused:

2. Im an amateur MMA fighter and i smoke every night, ive never had any negative effects. But everyone reacts differently, it all depends on how you react to it. Good luck! :wave:

3. i did it every day my man. never had any negative effects. and we had some difficult shit. im talkin stay therefo 2 o 2 ana half hours. shit was crazy

4. I play football also we lift during the summer, I smoke a few times a week and dont notice anything.

5. i played football my first 2 years of highschool and i would bet BAKED out of my mind before every practice. We had to take monthly drug tests too which i always passed because i drank so much water and sweated so much :smoke:
    Drug tests are the only thing you gotta worry about though

6. I do it and have never noticed anything from weed. I have noticed a decreas in my endurance though if I was at a party and smoked cigs or black n milds or something

7. i dont think, im a football player/baseball or mainstreamed sports person, but i do skateboard. lmao i put my headphones on and get into the music, forget about everything else and land the stylish shit to the beat.... like butta! haha i never get fatigued real fast, just the normal sweat from smokin weed, and yeah i get a work out as much as a football player would. maybe haha

8. i never noticed that weed was hurting my in sports during highschool. in fact the two best lacrosse games i ever played came on days when i had smoked the day before. i'm not trying to say smoking will make you play better, but it won't hurt you unless you are smoking 24/7.

9. #9 redacted, Jul 1, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2009
    My high school football team had a brutal summer workout schedule ( hour and a half lifting weights, hour and a half on speed and endurance, from seven to ten, four days a week. All of it, mind you, in the sweltering heat of a FLORIDIAN summer) and the vast majority of the team (myself included) smoked weed on a regular or semi-regular basis.

The coach's drug test policy was lenient (there were no random tests; the only reason any tests would ever be given would be if a student was publicly caught with weed...or with steroids.) and it in no way affected performance, unless of course if you went to workouts high, which a few kids did.

Aside from that though, in my experience no negative effects at all, as opposed to the much less enviable effects of coming to workouts hungover(Pity on anyone who did!). Just be sure you get at least seven or so hours of sleep every night, and stay hydrated. You'll feel fine, and if you get sore from workouts the weed will take care of that!

10. do you go to chaminade?

11. "But everyone reacts differently, it depends on how you react!"

stoner moment. ahahahahha, sorry, but that's funny.

12. I dont care what anyone says, if you smoke during the season its gonna slow you down. I used to play a lot of organized basketball and it slowed me down a lot. I have friends who are getting scholarships to Division 1 schools for football, and they just smoked when it wasnt in season. According to them all the kids who smoked werent as good and always got winded sooner. So if you wanna be one of the best you cant abuse your body, but if your just playing to play then u could keep smoking.

13. yeah i didnt even catch that at the time lol :rolleyes:

14. Ricky Williams was one of the best NFL running backs of all time.....he was banned from the NFL for smoking the reefer, so i think you're all set

15. I am a Cross Country runner for a college where I have an athletic scholorship, I smoke everyday/night and my lungs feel better than ever. Just stay away from cigs and you should be good.