Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Question about side effects from hitting the bong.

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by SnuggieLuv, Jan 20, 2010.

1. I have a tct double disc stemless and since I've got it , sometimes when I hit it , I start sweating and getting hot to the point my whole face and body is warm . Also, since a few days ago sometimes after I hit it , my equilibrium feels off as if something is pulling me to the side or something? Any ideas?
    Not worried , just wondering?

2. Also , this is always with high grade. Currently Snowcap and Og Kush.

3. getting high is the most common side effect.

4. I didn't know where else to put this. I am not an apprentice toker, I would just like a serious answer to my question. I get really really hot and through my 7 years of smoking this has never happened like this. I get to the point I need to take off my clothes to cool down.

5. I'm not expert in this subject at all, but could you be allergic to any materials that the bong is made out of? That would be my only guess. And are you putting cold water or ice in your bong?

Also, is the bong getting hot, or just you? Take your temperature next time, I'm curious.

6. Dude, i dont know what to tell you. id say lay off for a while. a day or two if youre a daily smoker, and a week if youre a weekly smoker. jsut lay off a bit. and i might try smoking with a different piece, or a joint/blunt. and if that bong is the only one you have, then just smoke out of a homemade bong(just to see what happens.)

7. I'm not expert, but it almost sounds like a panic attack, maybe. That can happen, even when you're high.

It could also be the weed hitting you. You do tend to feel warm when smoking pot.

As for your equilibrium issues, consult a doctor, maybe.

It could be you're coming down with something, which won't interact well with getting high.

8. sounds like your'e just getting really high, maybe pack a little less?

9. The glass has 0% chance of causing this phenomenon. I agree with taking your temperature before and after though. Empirical data doesn't lie, you could be having a subjective experience.

10. Thanks for everyones input. This evening I will try this and report back. Possibly even with a video so you guys can see. Im used to feeling warm when I smoke but this is just a bit excessive. Its not even uncomfortable it just sucks when I smoke right out of the shower and have to change again because Im soaked in sweat. I do have a cold which could be the answer to my equilibrium issue. It only lasts for a few minutes and then Im blazed out my mind lol. Will report back though. Thanks everyone , once again.

11. getting high can temporarily raise your blood pressure and pulse... whatever you experience is a side effect of being high, not hitting the bong itself.

12. if you do a video please don't take your clothes off to cool down

13. as for the unequal equilibreuim thing, that happens to me every time i smoke, which isint very much but still. kinda feels like one side of you bodey is heavyier?? ya happens to me all the time, for me its not at all a scarey feeling, its like "wtf haha"

14. I think this guy right here is right. ^^^

15. That is debatable. I've read medical reports that say marijuana lowers blood pressure yet increases pulse rate because it acts as a vasodilator.According to Wiki - "Vasodilation refers to the widening of blood vessels resulting from relaxation of smooth muscle cells within the vessel walls, particularly in the large arteries, smaller arterioles and large veins."

And -
    Vasodilators are used to treat conditions such as hypertension, where the patient has an abnormally high blood pressure, as well as angina and congestive heart failure, where maintaining a lower blood pressure reduces the patient's risk of developing other cardiac problems.

I even read here on this forum that marijuana decreases blood sugar levels. Lower blood pressure + lowered blood sugar could be the reason some have "white outs," or feel "faint" after toking. The post in the forum suggested eating foods high in fructose before toking. I eat a banana right before I toke, I think it helps.

16. Well I understand completely thats from being high lol, it just suprised me because it didnt start happening till I got my new bong . Just gunna go with being super baked from it lol. Juss makin sure it's nothin serious .

17. Also on Wiki - (THC) - the major active chemical in marijuana. Its mild vasodilating effects redden the eyes of cannabis users.

18. Could be an upper respiratory infection which is screwing with equilibrium. I've dealt with that for years. I had to go to an ear, nose and throat doctor which basically told me I'de have to live with it. It is common.

19. If you haven't caught on yet, this weed was obviously made to be smoked with females.

20. Sounds good to me will try tonight. I like your answer better , lol. Its not uncomfortable just strange. Juss got some trainwreck and homegrown inca spirit .