Question about selective harvesting

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by ChaoticCrux, Dec 21, 2011.

1. Hello!

Ive got a plant with 4 main colas, one is ready to harvest. One could be harvested now and it would be fine. The other 2 are still 90% or so white hairs. Can I harvest half the plant or will that shock it to the point of extending flower period for the other 2 branches? It branched on its own, its been flowered before, was not harvested and it was put back into veg, it split into 2 main branches off the main stem and at some point that became 4.

I can do all of them now, I am sure with varying cannaboids and all that. I actually kind of like that idea but I would rather grow how I always do and not expirament. (If done now it would be 95% white hairs, 90% white hair, 40% white hair and 10% white hair, so, I would get varying degrees of highness, the bud growth on all branches is even, its just the hairs that are off)

I think they did this because each branch is pulled away from the others and each one has its own lights, some with more some with less.

Thanks for the input!

2. Harvest them as they ripen. You don't need to pick the whole plant at once (though its the easiest way). It is common outdoors to pick plants this way and allow inner buds to mature a bit more along with the ones playing catch up. Probably because the sun is paying the electric bill :). And it seems outdoor plants mature differently at least in my garden.

3. I cut mine when they finished & let the others keep growing. I harvested fairly heavily. The remaining buds still grew larger & matured- but it def slowed them down.

4. Thanks all for the input, good info!