Question about seeds

Discussion in 'Marijuana Seeds Banks' started by DeKind, Nov 14, 2020.

1. Hello Friends:

I'm still learning how to grow but I grew 5 plants outside this year. They were feminized seeds purchased from a seed bank and each plant was a different strain. The plants were not that big and together they produced just over a pound of good flower. Okay, so the other day I was smoking some in a pipe and when I lit it up a seed started to burn. I checked the rest of that particular flower and found another seed in it. This is rare, hardly any of the flowers I grew had seeds. The question is: How did a seed grow in feminized plants with no males around? Is it possible I picked up a small bit of pollen flowing through the air outside or can female plants somehow make seeds without pollen in a desperate attempt to reproduce? Will the seeds I find be feminized seeds or just regular seeds that could grow male or female plants?

2. The very act of feminizing Cannabis seeds bring a slight chance of Hermaphrodite tendencies.
    The end result is a few seeds self pollenated. 99% chance they are female seeds as well as odds are she only had her own genetics to work from.
    The blue berry clone I ran for years always kicked out 5-10 seeds all female.

BNW

• Like Like x 1
  3. Thank you!!

4. Most likely the plant is a Hermaphrodite which is pretty common and even more common if the plant is stressed in anyway .
    As for the seeds you found good chance they will hermaphrodite too.

MJ pollen depending where your at and the climate can travel hundreds of miles ..
    Right now its becoming a problem over the Mediterranean Sea .
    The pollen getting caught up in hot air thermals from the northern African Countries is traveling hundreds of miles up into southern Europe and pollenating crops .

Guess I am different I use regular seeds ,,, i get a healthy female plant and turn her into a mother plant and clone off of her ..

5. Well, it was grown on the coast of California, USA, any pollen in the air would have to come from inland because I can't imagine it coming all the way across the Pacific ocean. I will only say that it was grown in the wilderness and not close to homes however I'm pretty certain that other cannabis was grown within a 50 mile radius around the site. I agree that the seeds are probably the result of hermaphrodite tendencies of the feminized seeds. I feel confident that any seeds I find will be feminized also. Cloning off a mother plant is a great way to go if you have a place to grow a mother plant indoors, but really, I don't have a spot indoors where I can set up a grow for a mother plant. I just plant early from seed and leave it outside and hope for good sun so it gets as large as possible. I try not to spend too much time or money on it, I'm not a commercial grower, I just want cheap weed. :)