Question about seed germination

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by weddit, Nov 8, 2009.

1. What happens if you plant your seed without germinating it beforehand? As in, before the tap root appears. I've read several different guides on other websites that show step-by-step instructions, but never mention germinating the seed. Just the water glass method to make sure that it's a viable seed, and then planting it.

tl;dr What happens when you plant a seed before it sprouts?

2. its grows just the same dude maybe just takes a day or 2 longer to break the soil surface but its fine to not germ them first, they dont get germed in the 'wild' mother nature just does her thing lol

3. You want to germinate a seed in order to determine it's viability.
    If you're using "Seed Bank" seeds then, you have a pretty good chance of them sprouting, but if you're using Bagseed it's a shot in the dark.

It's a good practice to get into because you know FOR SURE if your seed was viable to begin with and if there is a problem in your planting.
    Good Luck! :smoking:

4. Thanks for the quick responses, guys. Since this is the first time I'm doing this, I want to make sure I'll be doing it right. It's a little confusing and scary when I'm getting mixed messages from a bunch of different people.

DeadbyDawn, I have some Mandala Kalachakra from Nirvana just waited to be planted! Going to be some fun times.

5. DEFINITELY fun times! Keep me updated on your grow and make a journal in the "Grow Journal" section if you have time!

I personally germinate ALL my seeds just to be sure I'm not planting dead seeds so, like I said before, it's a good practice to start and maintain.
    Good Luck! :smoking: