Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Question About Seed Germination

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by MidnightToker1992, Jun 13, 2013.

1. Hi, I'm new to growing marijuana, last time I tried, I failed because the seed broke. But I got a new seed and I was wetting the paper towels and then I picked the seed up with the pluckers and a bit of the seeds shell scraped off, it was only a little bit, do you think that my seed will be okay? I've now got the seed folded in paper towels and in a sealed plastic bag in a dark safe. Do you think that the seed will be okay, I'm going to check if it has sprouted in 3-4 days.

2. it should be OK, just check on it in a couple days. I'm not sure what the ''pluckers'' are but I've never really used any special tools... just put the seed in a wet, dark, warm place for 3-5 days. 

3. I doubt that its okay. I normally test by pinching the seed between my Thunb and index finger, If it hold I use it. I germinate by soaking seeds in a galss of water for 12 hours then I place the seeds into a wet papertowel, than into a plastic container. I then take that container and place it onto a heating pad (TV decoder will work too)

The seed needs moisture and heat to germinate, 12-24 Hours and you should have a sprout.

4. Lol, they are what you pluck your eyebrows with.

5. well thats the problem lmao, why are you using those... god gave us fingers for a reason.. 

6. @I smashed pocahontas: So, in the future, do I just handle the seed with my hands and be gentle?

7. @I smashed pocahontas: Do you soak your seed in water for a few hours first and then put it in a paper towel?

8. yeah CLEAN hands, clean everything, but just use your hands next time man, much easier. 

9. Obviously everyone has there own way of doing it and some think they are scientists and shit but all you need to do is put in in a dark wet paper towel for a couple days and it should start sprouting. 

10. Thanks for your help guys, really appreciate it!

11. #11 MidnightToker1992, Jun 21, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 21, 2013
    My seed did not sprout after 9 days, shall I just throw it?