Question About RockWool To Soil

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by AlwaysSmokey, Feb 5, 2017.

1. So I germinated with the paper towel method and then moved them to rockwool. They are currently in 1.5/1/.5in rockwool cubes here

[​IMG]

The roots have started coming out the bottom
    [​IMG]
    I will be transplanting them to

[​IMG]

My question is how long should I wait before transferring the cubes into the growing medium? I don't want to keep them in to long but I also don't want to shock them to young. Anyone who has transferred rockwool to dirt your help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time :D

ps.Yes...That is shag carpet XD

• Like Like x 1
  2. With rockwool, you can skip the papertowel germ method. Just drop the seeds right into the rockwool cube. I transfer them once the taproot pops out the bottom of the cube. I remove the wrapper on the cube before transplanting, but that's my preference. The plant will grow just fine if you don't remove it.

3. Thanks for the advice, so since the roots on all cubes have already come out and starting spinning around you think its safe to transfer to the bags then, I assume have the soil more moist then the cubes before transfering? Thanks again

4. I would just bury the cubes in the dry soil and then water until moist throughout.

5. Going to give that a try! Thanks for the advice!