Question about removing leaves

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by punchreba, Dec 3, 2013.

1. Ok so shes about 7 weeks from seed i believe. Im getting ready to 12/12 her. If there are bud sites directly under big fan leaves, is it better to remove them were as they are blocking light? Any advice would be greatly appreciated for a gneub.Thank you.Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Why do you keep posting thisSpecial KAY

3. Phone was frozen. Took battery out. Should stop. I hope. My apologizesSent from my HTCEVOV4G using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. [quote name="punchreba" post="19093565" timestamp="1386089479"]Phone was frozen. Took battery out. Should stop. I hope. My apologizesSent from my HTCEVOV4G using Grasscity Forum mobile app[/quote]Ok fair answer.. Special KAY

5. I would try to just tuck as many as you can under the bud sites.  You don't want to remove to powerhouses of your plant if you don't absolutely have to.  Just my 2 cents

6. I always cut fan leaves until I started to see pistils forming. But I'm one of those guys that believes in defoliation-I trim almost all fan leaves before I switch the lights. Everyone has their own opinion on it of course. Keep in mind if you defoliate, after the stretch you'll have plenty more fan leaves you'll have to tuck. and I've never noticed even the slightest difference between when I defol and when I don't, other than when I don't defol I have a lot more work to do trying to open up budsites. you could always do it halfway, and only trim off half of each of the fingers of the leaves.

7. Dishpheads method is what i do too there are many factors that could cause different end results no matter how hard you try to compare a grow each plant grows so differently but i noticed a difference in density of the lower buds when i wouldnt trim. My buds would be lighter and fluffier below my tops if i didnt remove the fan leaves blocking the light. I use 1k watt lights so i have good penetration but i notice the buds not directly in the light because of foliage always are smaller and lighter.

8. Just keep in mind that the large fan leaves are your plants "solar panels" and much of your plants photosynthetic energy comes from the surface area of them.

Just something to keep in mind when you have your scissors in your hand... ;)

J

9. Thany you all for the input... Maybe i will do some tucking. Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Grasscity Forum mobile app

10. Personally I think that plant is increadibly tiny.  I would not cut anything from it at all, especially the solar panels (fan leaves) of your plant.  Once the plant begins to flower the bud sites will keep growing until they are above the leaves..  Personally, however, I would veg it for 2 more months first then you will harvest a few ounces instead of a few grams.

11. #11 TheAnswer121, Dec 4, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 4, 2013
    i would hope that pic in his avi is not a 7 week old plant. should be a monster. and prepare for 2-3x stretch :laughing:

and don't remove anything, tuck what you can. if you have sufficient light for that size then you will be fine. if not, then don't veg for so long

12. The only time you should trim fan leaves is after harvest. The plant does not grow them for no reason:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYq7CuVpAeo

13. George Whore Hey!

Lol

J

14. I some tucking to allow more light to the sights. Yeah shes only 12 inches i think. But i dont remember claiming i had a monster. Its my first try. Just having fun and learning from yall.Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Attached Files:

15. "did" someSent from my HTCEVOV4G using Grasscity Forum mobile app

16. From my understanding, the heavy indi dom blue mystic shouldnt 3x in bloom. 2x i would be ok with, 3x may cause some height issues.Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Grasscity Forum mobile app