Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Question about Rec

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Chief477, Apr 8, 2022.

1. I have recently turned 18 and got my rec from a local clinic in California (the actual paper itself, signed by the doctor). Although most places just give out recs, I noticed that on the form I filled out, it mentioned "parental consent is required if your still in highschool", even though I am a legal adult. It mentioned that I have a month to provide parental consent or a highschool diploma. I feel that this is criminal on their part as me being 18 defeats the purpose of parental consent, and every other clinic in the area doesn't require such tasks. In fine print it mentions the doctor may cancel the rec if no consent is provided within a month. If for any matter my rec gets "cancelled", can I go to another clinic and get a new one / start the process over?

Thanks in advance.

2. Okay is there a reason why it needs to be medical? I live in California and I don't even know the age limit for Recreational? Pretty sure it's 21 but if it's 18 I wouldn't be worried.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. take in consideration that some kids dont start school same age because of the time in the year,some will graduate at 17 some 18 1/2