Question about QB temps

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by DimaEVT, Dec 14, 2018.

1. Hey guys, I have a HLG 600H QB. When it is on at 90% power and no ventilation is on, temps reach 90F! Is this normal?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. With a 600 yes. You need ventilation period. If not for bringing in fresh air in and old air out but to remove heat too. Is the driver located inside the tent or outside because that will make a difference.

When I shut my intake fan off and just have my exhaust running my two 96’s and the driver keep my tent at 78 degrees.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. lol 600 watts of anything is going to heat up with no ventilation over time.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Anything below 140F is safe for these boards. I have seen 25 watt led light bulbs run at over 200F and function for many years

• Like Like x 1
  5. I believe he’s talking about his temps in his tent if that’s the case 90F is way too high.

6. I have a 18" oscillating fan blowing air on my QB. My temps are 82F with ventilation on. My QB is on full power. I have a 6" exhaust fan (340 CFM) exhausting air out my window, but it doesn't seem to be enough to keep the temps down.. should I upgrade to a 8" exhaust fan?

• Like Like x 1
  7. 340 isnt a lot for a 6 inch fan. Really it depends on your future plans, if you are going to add more lights then go up to an 8 inch fan set up and dial the speed down. Otherwise get a better 6 inch fan.

8. Haha, yes I see now.

9. I had to go back and re read after I saw your post! I was like wait a second he could be talking about surface temps!! And if that’s the case they’d be fine!

• Like Like x 1
  10. Honestly running LEDS your temps can be hotter than a tent with HPS. Idk why but I’ve read it multiple times on these threads. 82 is fine. 85 is about the limit from what I’ve read.

Can you drop the temperature in the room outside your tent? You’re better off trying that before an 18” exhaust.

11. Yep cause leds don’t put out nearly the amount of IR heat as hids.

• Like Like x 1