Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

question about purples!

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by GalacticBud, Sep 6, 2010.

1. So I live in Northern Jersey, and I was really quite curious about the purple buds. I rarely get any from where I am located. I'm always picking up Piff (high end haze). But last year I did pick up some Granddaddy Purple. Do all of the purple strains come out in the fall? Or especially within the tri-state area? Need some clearance with that so I know I can start looking for some purp.

2. the purple results from one of two things. temperature while its being grown and genetics. certain strains are just naturally purple but buds in general can become purple if theres a drop in temperature. so in the fall when the temperature drops you'll get more purple on your buds grown outdoors.

3. thanks dude. i also did some research about the purples. i have NO IDEA WHY GC PUT THIS IN THE FUCKING APPRENTICE TOKERS PART. they always do this, but the fact of the matter is there isn't purple where i am usually. it's always piff, sour d, some form of kush, etc.

4. By purple do you mean bud that's purple or strains like Grand Daddy Purp?

Just because it's Grand Daddy Purp, Purple haze, or any of those strains, doesn't mean it's going to be purple. For all you know you could be smoking some right now.

Color depends on genetic predisposition along with some variables that can only be altered during cultivation such a temperature.

Edit: Brenjin kind of beat me to it.

5. Piff is purp, the terms are synonyms, at least in Baltimore.. But yea, Blunt is spot on.

6. oh i definitely understand what you're saying, but no sadly what i have been getting is not purple. everytime i have gotten a purple strain, it's got this different smell to it. much different than green buds. i've gotten purple haze, grand daddy purple, and no much other purple except one time i got some dank that had a bit of purp in it.

but like i said before, i mainly get haze. which around my area is called piff. so yeah i kinda get it, and my hypothesis was pretty much right. the purple strains start their harvest within 2 weeks going into the fall.

7. i want some Purple Haze so bad, i don't even care if its just a haze hybrid that has some purple in it. I need some Grapes in this bitch

8. Aaah man I just picked up an eighth of Purple Kush from my caregiver.

Of all the buds I've ever tried Purple Kush was my first and to this day... Dopest dope I've ever smoked.:hello: