Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Question about prescribed marijuana and jobs....

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by numba1stunna885, Aug 3, 2007.

1. Ok, so say hypothetically you were prescribed weed in a state where it's legal for medical purposes. In that same state if you applied for a job that required a drug screen before hiring, could the fact that you have a prescription for it force the company to hire you as long as you come up clean for any other illegal substances?

I know it sounds far fetched and the company can simply say they don't want anyone who "abuses" drugs, but with how widespread Medical MJ has become in Cali/other states and everything I'm sure it's come up at some point.

I was also factoring in that someone who is prescribed painkillers can usually come up positive for opiates on drug tests and still be hired as long as they tell the employer before they take the test and prove they have a prescription.

2. as long as you show them your script after or before the screen you should be fine. i had a script for opiates and filed that in a job dt and i just showed them my script. you might want to add that you only smoke it at night and it wont affect your work ethic, and bs whatever else. you should be fine though