Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Question About Posession Laws

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by generickid, May 13, 2009.

1. I was caught on Friday night with about .5g's of weed. The officer confiscated my bowl (freshly packed) and bag with a little nug in it, and then gave me his card with his cell phone # and police station # on it. He wants me to call him to discuss local drug dealers, and in exchange for that he said I'd be let off the hook. However after talking to a few people, I was informed that if he didn't charge me or cite me right there on the scene, he can't later charge me with possession. Is this true? I live in MA, if that matters at all.

2. its decriminalized in MA just dont call

3. haha yeah man your safe.
    fuck the police, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck the police.

4. yeah what he said. Don't ever rat on your dealer. not cool.

5. man that cop just wants ur bud.. LOL

dont ever rat out a dealer, never ever, no way, They are the ppl who risk a lot of shit just so u can be happy.. That cop just wanted to get ur weed for himself, he cant do shit, ignore it. Does he have any information on u?

6. Hey thanks for the advice guys, this guy ain't gettin a fucking word from me. Yeah he has my info he took down my name, cell#, and address (and maybe liscence plate #), but he didn't give me a fine or anything. Just his business card with this # and his cell #, and he took my bowl and weed. He probably did smoke my buds, I'm pissed!

At least I'm in the clear :cool: Thanks for the help guys.

7. #7 oldskoolgrower, May 13, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2009

First, they ALWAYS try that shit. Second, yes they can still charge you, even if it's a civil fine/offense, up to the time that that statute of limitations runs out.

A friend of mine got busted with a pound at his house due to an informant, someone they flipped like they are trying to get you to flip. They didn't arrest him until just short of 2 years later. His trial is going on right now. There were other charges tacked on for other things found and he could be looking at many years.

EDIT: .5 grams is nothing in a decrimed State, just a fine. Just take your medicine, don't get caught again, and do NOT turn anyone in.

8. #8 generickid, May 13, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2009
    I'm definitely not turning anyone in, but I'm kinda freaked out now because he keeps calling my phone and leaving messages many times a day, saying to call him back. Everyone I've asked has said I'm pretty much off the hook, but you're the first person to say I can still be charged. If I don't call him back, all I've gotta do is pay a fine right, that's it? Am I safe to keep weed in my house/room? I don't know if because he found weed on me before, this gives him "probably cause"or some shit to come search my house without a warrant or something ridiculous like that.

And what if he really did smoke the weed, that means there's no evidence anyways and I'm all set? Man I feel like a mess

EDIT:

I found this article online that says the officer can either issue the citation on the scene, or mail it to me within 15 days. Does that make sense to anyone? Here's the site for reference:

Question 2 Law Enforcement Q&A

9. Dude, don't worry quite so much. I have a long list of previous legal problems due to hard drug problems and I can tell you they worst thing that you can do is panic/trust the cop.

Never, ever, tell on someone. That is how I got popped off, and how my "friends" went home. I've had the experience of a cop telling me he would "help me out" if I helped him. I just played dumb, and took what I had earned for myself.

Seriously though, even if it wasn't decrim in your state, seriously a drug paraphernalia charge + that half gram wouldn't get you any type of real jail that would need to be served.

My advise about that cop harassing you is to tell him that you don't have anything for him and won't and if they harassment continues that you will have to consult your attorney.

Don't be intimidated by him and don't ever trust him!

Know your rights!

10. It's not really jailtime that I'm worried about, it's more about going around town and doing things normally again. I don't like picking up buds anymore because I know that cop has my liscence plate, and if they're desperate enough I'm sure they could follow me and track me all day up until I pick up, then follow me home and bust me or something like that. Maybe I'm being too paranoid, I'm pretty baked :smoking:

The real main issue is the fine: I know it's a $100 fine, but I was in a school zone so I think that turns the fine into $1000?

11. Hah wow thats probably gonna be nothing, thing here is in GA its so fucked if youre in a school zone caught. Went on NORML and its a fuckin felony, thats fucked up, so you got it lucky up in MA hah:eek:
    Within 1,000 feet of school, or other specifed areas (first offense) felony 20 years $20,000

12. You'll be forgotten by them eventually. Trust me they have better things to do than tail a kid who got caught with a half gram, even in a school zone. Don't overthink this. Talk to a lawyer and do whatever they advise.

13. He's probably just new in town and he's looking for a hook-up.