Question about plants the smell of plants in flowering

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by 5thgear, Jun 13, 2010.

1. I have four plants that are in a tent. Lets say they are at the most potent stage and suddenly I turn my fan/filter off. About how long should it take for the smell to make its way to the rest of the house, and outside the building to the street?
    Are we talking a few minutes, or a few hours?

Thanks

2. that depends on the strain...some have a stronger smell than others

3. Super lemon haze and LSD
    Im assuming they are pretty strong

4. depends on wind speed, direction, insulation, distance to street, strain, the nose of the person. anywhere from a few minutes with the doors open and fans blowing it outside, to never is a good estimate.

5. im sure someone could give a better estimate...I know what your saying, it depends on the situation...but in a tent w/ no fan blowing (the initial question) how long does it take for the smell to reach outside...or just to the rest of the house?

6. outside would depend on how long the doors were open and how often. i'm sure it might take a few hours to a full day or not at all depending on traffic going in and out. it might stay localized to the room. just saying if you ask a very general question you'll get a very general answer. no one can give you one because the variables are endless.