Question about plant, newbie.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by har0xz, Jul 25, 2015.

1. #1 har0xz, Jul 25, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2015
    Ok so i germinated this seed in may, planted, then let it go. its pretty big now, i put it inside during the night outside during day. Running on 18/6 light cycle. If you notice its still growing 3 pointers but mostly they are 5 pointers now. Anything look wrong with this plant besides how wild its growing? Just wondering when the best time is for flowering, im guessing to wait for the 7 pointers to come in? Im new at this so any information is greatly appreciated. Im sure it needs another month growing.... i cant bud it the way it is. Im guessing its Indica from the thinkness of the leaves and the bushyness.i uploaded a pic dont know why its not showing.

2. here is the pic

Attached Files:

3. it's definitely not bushy but it's kinda tall.. From everything I've read because I'm new as well but the plant will double if not triple in size once it starts to flower so it's up to you to how big you want it.

4. I only have one grow under my belt but aren't you supposed to flower it based on how big you want it? I'm not sure. Would like more info

5. yea but the leaves arent right... its only at most 5 pointers. indica is usually 7 point. so if i flowered it now it would probably be garbage. the plants growing out of control with the heatwave. i dont know maybe its time to just put it into flowering with what i have. compared to other plants on here mine looks pretty bad. things growing like a wild bush.

6. I didn't realize that. Thanks for pointing that out about the leaves. I'm interested to hear as well. Got my second grow in germination and smoking my first now :)

7. i do know once it goes into flowering the leaves will drop and itll look more organized. just the leaves have me worried and yes its too damn tall its obviously a indica and it should not get any bigger until flowering.

8. i was gonna let it go another month see if the seven pointers come in, but its getting too tall. is it possible to bud it with 5 and 3 point leaves? probably turn out like garbage. dont know how some people have their plants looking so perfect.

9. #9 dankherbson82, Jul 25, 2015
    when to flower has absolutely nothing to do with how many fingers the leaves on the plant has. if its always outdoors it will flower when the days get short enough. also you better pot that thing up if you want any kind of yield at all.

10. what do u mean pot it up? as in get a bigger pot or support the stem higher i can see its starting to bend. im new at this. its not always outdoors, its been inside under light, but since its been a heatwave here and sunny been putting it outside for better light, then before bed i put it into darkness for 6 hours. the flowering will be inside at all times. i figured it hasnt matured yet i never see 5 leaf plants its either 7 or 9 or more.

11. #11 har0xz, Jul 25, 2015
    btw the seed was from this: headband, which is actually a hybrid. next time im buying seeds no more bag seeds. and thats the actual bud i took a pic of from the bag

Attached Files:

12. like you have it in a 2 or 3 gallon pot put it in a bigger pot like 5 or 7 gallon. you don't want it halfway thru flower rootbound as all hell. that's when problems start.

13. also you probably should decide whether to keep in inside all the time or outside all the time. if you keep flipflop-ing back and forth youre gonna stress it.

14. My first grow was a bag seed. Did very well. I'm starting (and just posted) my journal thread for my grow 2.5 if you want to follow.

15. i feel ya, will do that. i guess ill start flowering next week. that pic is a week old its alot bushier and filled in now. so a week anditll go inside for 12 hours/12 and hopefully i see some white flowers within 2 weeks. ill update either way thanks for the tips. next time around im getting feminized seeds offline and gonna grow in a grow room, this was just an experiment.

16. yea i figured it would stress it but all its done is start growing out of control. gonna keep it inside for a week then start flowering. yea ill follow yours maybe i can learn something this started out as just an experiment and when it actually sprouted after germination and i planted it it took off. so i kept it going. worst case its a male or the weed will have no thc or something. best case i get some semi ok bud to smoke for free, next time im doing this right.,

17. anytime man anymore questions just ask! ive just grown a bunch of plants and fucked them up before in the beginning. luckily ive gotten a bit better lol.
    [​IMG]

18. That's exactly how to look at it. I did the same- was screwing around and germinated it. Then it just kept going from there. I ordered after that. That's what I'm using now. Have you ordered or still have to?
    That's beautiful!

19. thank you kindly [​IMG]!!

20. Beautiful plant. I put mine indoors and in one week I'm switching to 12/12. Reported in bigger pot also. Now I'm guessing the leaves will be hanging low instead of sticking up towards the light. So I'm praying for white hairs and then I'm gonna post another pic. I hope it's female. I guess no way to know ahead of time?