Question about pipes? (noob question)

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by byllistic, Jan 2, 2013.

1. Hi,
    Im new to these forums and im an average smoker. I was smoking with my friend in his garage and he was so baked that when another friend got there he got so excited he threw my glass bowl and broke it (i dont know why). Now i am looking through the grasscitity shops for a pipe and im looking at non glass pipes. Do i need to buy pipe screens for them? I never used screens for my glass bowl and it was fine, are the other pipes (like wood, metal, etc) any different?

Here are some possibilities for me to buy:
    Cannabuds Pipe - The Doctor - Grasscity.com

Metal Pure Pipe - Grasscity.com

Thanks! :)

2. Dont get metal, get glass- The taste is so much better, I would just say make your friend who broke it buy the new one, and dont let him use it in the future, as more screens if the hole at the bottom of the bowl is to big, use a small screen cut to size, if not then just get a larger chunk of weed put it over the hole, and then apply the grinded up bud above it, working around the edges before smoking the middle.

3. He already repayed me with about 15 dollars worth of bud and im gonna let him smoke with me again cause he is my best friend and my favorite smoking partner :smoking: . But i cant find any glass pipes that interest me :( i love the look and design of the metal wood and stone ones

4. Metal pipes are only good in a pinch dude, they taste like shit and get steadily worse as they are used more and more. If you're buying purely for the design I'd go with the first one though. :smoking:

5. Yea i really love the design of the first :p but i guess you guys are right that glass would be a better idea. Would this be good ? Like would it be good for a social bowl to pass around a car to smoke with friends? The bowl piece looks kind of small to me, is that a problem? Sorry i have so many questions, i just want to make sure i get the right bowl :D

http://www.grasscity.com/us_en/mini-traveller-glass-pipe.html#.UOSA9onjkU8

6. For sure go with glass. Honestly, just go into your local head shop and grab like 2 or 3 generic 20$ glass bowls and you'll be set.

7. You get a metal pipe you WILL regret it

Just get the biggest glass spoon you can find in your price range. There's nothing more annoying than a bowl that isn't big enough to get good rips off