Question about organic stuff

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by CrossGore, Feb 27, 2011.

1. Okay this will be my first grow, I made the mistake of letting my friend talk me into a organic grow. My question is, what exactly is organic soil? Is it just soil without ANY nutrients?
    It seems really complicated to do a organic grow, I see all these recipes for a good organic soil mix... I cant just use perlite and organic soil mix and some fertilizers?

Thanks!!

2. Organic soil is composed of organic materials. It has nutrients in it but they are released slowly and work with all the life under the ground. If the mixes are to much for you try Dr. Earth tomato veg and herb (I picked up the bud and bloom also for the last few weeks). He packs a lot of good stuff all in one package so no need to buy a bunch of products or even know what you are doing. Just follow the instructions.

Where to Buy - Location - Dr.Earth

3. #3 wetdog, Feb 27, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2011
    Yes, to the organic soil mix and the perlite. I would also suggest some lime to add to your mix, no matter what fertilizers you use. Garden lime, dolomite lime, oyster shell flour, whatever is available in your area, EXCEPT hydrated lime.

The Dr. Earth line is good if you go that route.

However, for newbs on their first grow, I usually suggest something simple like Dyna-Gro or Jack's Classic. Simple 1 part fertilizers that are easy to use. Something that doesn't require 5+ bottles or additives to try and mix and get right.

Organics can be a steep learning curve, even for experienced growers and might not be the best thing to jump into until you have a few grows under your belt and more experience.

Don't get pushed into something that is more complicated than your skill set just because your friend thinks it's a good idea. It could turn what should be a pleasant learning experience into a giant nightmare.

YMMV

Wet