question about nutmeg (help?)

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by steve42o, May 13, 2009.

1. just a quick question about the whole "get high off nutmeg" thing, ive tried eating whole nutmegs and got no effect so this time i did a nutmeg tea thing, boiled it (6 whole nutmegs) for about 20 mins all grinded up in milk and used lots of chocolate syrup, will this work?

2. Ive never done nutmeg, but then again I well....... Read up on it man, its not plesant, go to erowid and just read. and in this day and age with legal salvia legal rc's and free shrooms in any cowfield, why on earth would you try nutmeg, come on!

3. just something to try and experience idk lol, ive never done shrooms or salvia but id try those to.

4. Myristicin breaks down at temperatures near boiling point, so if you actually boiled them then no, it will not work.

To properly make a nutmeg tea you need to simmer freshly ground nutmeg for quite a while

5. lol i read on another site this dude said he had them on a "rolling boil" for about 30 mins, damn i guess i fucked up then.

6. the info on nutmegs active:

Myristicin, 3-methoxy,4,5-methylendioxy-allylbenzene, is a natural organic compound present in the essential oil of nutmeg and to a lesser extent in other spices such as parsley and dill. Myristicin is a naturally occurring insecticide and acaricide with possible neurotoxic effects on dopaminergic neurons. It has hallucinogenic properties at doses much higher than used in cooking. Myristicin is a weak inhibitor of monoamine oxidase.[2][3]

[edit] Uses
    In 1963 Alexander Shulgin speculated that myristicin could be converted to an amphetamine metabolite in the liver by transamination.[4] This may never be verified and seems unlikely from what is known about the metabolism of the related compound safrole to piperonylic acid.

Intoxications with myristicin or nutmeg essential oil slightly resemble the effects of MDMA, or MMDMA. Myristicin can, however, be converted into MMDA using a reaction similar to the one used to convert safrole into MDMA. Effects vary from person to person, but are often reported to be a state somewhere between waking and dreaming; euphoria is reported and nausea is often experienced, but some report that using cannabis can offset the nausea. Users also report bloodshot eyes and memory disturbances during nutmeg intoxication.[5]

In addition to a semi-conscious state, myristicin also has been known to induce psychoactive effects such as visual distortions. The dosage required to achieve such an effect varies from person to person and from source to source. The average dosage required to obtain these effects are somewhere in the region of .75 - 1.25g of ground fresh nutmeg for every ten pounds of body weight. This will vary with each nut and person.

Nutmeg intoxication has an extremely long time before peak is reached, sometimes taking up to 7 hours and effects can be felt for up to 24 hours with lingering effects lasting 72 hours. This could be considered unpleasant by some users because the negative effects such as nausea may linger for this period. [6][7]

7. You might still get slight effects OP...you won't know for another few hours though

8. i drank it around 12, so its only been 4 hours and i cant even tell if im feeling it yet cuz i smoked to lol.

9. It can take anywhere from 4-10 hours to effect you. If it's gonna hit you you'll know it when it does