Question about Nutes

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by rajakutai, Mar 18, 2013.

1. Greetings, This is my first grow. Pointers and inputs will be very much appreciated. Started with 5 seeds. 3 popped 8 days ago. They're under 45w cfl, around 5" away, temp. at 75F, humidity at 50%. Since it's only been 8 days, I haven't started them on nutes yet. I have 3 questions:

1. How are they looking at this stage. (8 days)
    2. When should I start nutes?
    3. I have two fertz. A 16-16-16 and a 30-10-10. Which should I start them with?

Looking forward to your comments. Thanks

Attached Files:

2. 1. They look OK at best. What soil are you using?

2. Well, depending what soil that is, you should wait up to a month to start feeding. Since you're only using 45 watts of CFL, which isn't enough at all, it could be even longer.

3. You'd use the 30-10-10 for veg would be my guess. Did you not read the labeling? It'll usually always say when the nutrients are meant for.

You should really consider more light. You can't grow marijuana with 45 watts of CFL. I doubt you'd even get an eighth from all 3 of those plants with 45 watts.

Also, if that's dirt from your back yard, that probably won't work out too well. Good high quality soil is usually a must. Skimping on the proper materials for growing marijuana will ultimately only lead to a shitty yield.

You wouldn't show up for a drivers test on your scooter, would you?

3. Thanks for the input ohspyro89! Greatly appreciated.

I'm using the soil used by my wife for her indoor vegetable garden. I have no idea what's in it except it says organic on its packaging.

I had them under 65w cfl each, around 5" away under the light and then I began to worry if it was too much 'cause one of them started to turn brown on the edges. This was a couple of days ago that's why I put 'em together under a 45w cfl.

So if I put 'em back under a 65w cfl, how far should it be under the lights as so it doesn't burn them?

Thanks

4. They look like reg seedlings ? Not much to look at

Full fan leaves is a good sign they are ready to take some food

Get more light and 5 in is good if you get more light and those little leaves will fall off in a week

Sent from iPhone 5

5. Thanks for stopping by Freeborn. They're actually Herijuana females from Sannie's.

6. Oh no I didn't mean reg like Reggie bush lol just regular growing seedlings

Sent from iPhone 5

7. Noted Freeborn.. Thanks again

8. Giving nutrients this early, especially in an organic medium, probably wouldn't be healthy. This early, anything near a suggested dosage wouldn't be healthy. You can grow marijuana in just water up till the third true leaf set in hydroponics, no need to add nutrients yet.

Organic soil means that there are living bacteria and enzymes feeding the plant, not synthetic nutrients. Using synthetic nutrients in organic soil could kill those important bacteria and enzymes.

9. I do just that org soil then I add lots of chems lol but I add in on my straight water days they get the doc brush micro brew works out well with a good flush I flush harder I think than most 3 weeks min and the last week just drenching water through the soil and a good cure too IMO the flush and the cure are just as important sorry for rambling

No food yet

Sent from iPhone 5