Question about nutes for hydro system

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by nicegrower, Jan 13, 2009.

1. Hello,

I am doing a 20 plant autoflowering plant grow here in a week or two, and I wanted to make a simple airstone hyrdroponic stystem... I was wondering, do I need to get the full 3 nute package? I wanted to just go with the General Hydroponic's FloraGro ($12 for a quart), do you think this'll work?

Also, are PH up/down kits required when it comes to using hydro?

Thanks

2. I would highly recommend the 3 part system. It gives you a ton of control over what you are feeding the plants. I have personally had much better luck with 3 part systems then I have with any one part systems.

And yes, typically some way of moving your PH is a good thing to have. Especially for hydro as it requires a lower range than soil. If you don't want to spend the money on actual PH Up & Down, there is a thread on here that has some good home remedies. i will see if i can find it.

Good luck.

3. There are 2 part nutrients for hydro. I use 2 part Canna Aqua nutrients, very simple, just add both equal amounts of each A and B. The Aqua is compatable with H2O2, as it is inorganic.

For the sake of a few bucks, buy the proper Ph up and down. There is pH down for both veg and flowering. A bottle goes a very long way.