Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Question about no smoking rule in apartment

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by joerezz7, Mar 13, 2018.

1. I live in Nyc in Brooklyn. Theres a no smoking rule in the affordable housing that I just moved in in brooklyn. I heard all the new affordable housing have a no smoking rule even in your own apartment

My question is does anyone smoke in there own affordable housing apartments regardless of the no smoking rule? If so how do you get away with it? Im talking about both weed and cigarettes. I would hate having to risk smoking weed outside

Another thing My building recently sent a email to everyone on my floor that residents complained that someone was smoking on my floor and that the hallways smelled like weed or cigarettes. It was basically a warning email to everyone on my floor reminding them that its no smoking and that they came to my floor and smelled it. They dont know who its and where it was coming from

How can they really enforce this rule and find out who it is? There is 30 apartments on my floor. The building has 15 floors and 500 apartments altogether.

I also found this link too New Test Kit Allows Property Owners & Managers to Check for Nicotine Smoke Contamination

Does anyone know if affordable housing apartments use that kit? can it detect weed? Would it be able to detect a vape pen? Please let me know

I cant blow the smoke out the window cause my building has balconies and my window faces other residents windows

2. Does anyone have any suggestions

3. Buy a vape for the weed there shouldn't be a smell compared to smoking a J or a bong etc & smoke cigarettes outside man, i smoke outside because i don't want my house to smell of weed or of cigarettes lol

• Agree Agree x 1

4. Thats the thing. The lease says no smoking cigarettes, cannabis, e-cigarettes,vape pens and hookahs. Are you saying I should vape thc oil instead of flower? Do you think I would be able to get away with it. Another thing I have a air vent in the ceiling in my bathroom and another in my room. I live in a studio. I live in nyc so weed is illegal out here so it would be hard to smoke it outside

• Like Like x 1
  5. With all these silly rules just don’t smoke indoors.

If anything invest in a quality vaporizer for flowers. The smell dissipates quickly.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Don't smoke cigarettes inside. Just don't. They can tell and they will find some way to fine you for damages or make your life difficult. Weed is less of a concern, but why not just get a handheld vape for dry herbs. There are good models for under $100, and it's better for your lungs too. I also find them to be sightly more efficient.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1

7. Like @Hamato Yoshi said there's hardly any smell from a vape go with that then go outside to smoke cigarettes

• Like Like x 2
  8. First off, don't smoke a cigarette inside. That smell easily moves around and the smoke does not dissipate as fast. I live in a highrise and smoke easily 3-6 grams a night, palm blunts at that. I have never had someone complain about me. I have people above me, below me, across the hall, and on both sides of me. I keep my place fairly clean. I have a misting device in my living room going damn near 24/7 that has over 20 flavors/scents I pick from every day. I also have one of those automatic febreeze sprayer things.
    When smoking I simply keep my window open (keep in mind this window only opens about 3 inches) and I leave a little fan blowing the smoke towards the window. I sit a good 12 feet away from the window on my couch. The only people to ever comment on the smell are delivery guys who knock when I'm in the middle of smoking, but of course they've never told the security or desk people.

I'll also say this though, my building is very well built, and the walls are thick and concrete. I do not hear my neighbors at all. For smell, it will also depend on your vents and how they all connect to your neighbors, don't smoke right under a vent would be a good start.

9. Great idea but I can’t smoke out the window cause the way my window is facing other apartments. Someone from another apartment could easily see smoke coming from my window. What is a misting device and where can I find it? Sound like it may be useful. I’m also considering vaping too since that’s the most discreet way. Check this out though, vaping is also included in the lease IMG_4620.JPG

If I do smoke or vape should I do in the bathroom or my room? I live in a studio. My bathroom is right next to my apartment door and there’s a vent in my bathroom and one in my room too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Get a dry herb vape and just vape wherever inside. Just spray some air freshener or light a candle. If you want to be safe then have your window open and a fan blowing from the front door area to the towards the window.

11. For vaping, that won't be an issue. Honestly if I were in your possision I might either do edibles or vape. I'd probably get parandoid smoking in an enviroment like that thinking they can smell it.

For that misting device you asked about, this is the one I have: (copy/paste into Google for Amazon link, direct link is not working)
    "VicTsing 400ml Aromatherapy Essential Oil Diffuser, Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier with Wood Grain Design for Office, Room, Spa (Dark Brown)"

And the oils for it:
    "rtNaturals Aromatherapy Top 8 Essential Oils, 100% Pure of The Highest Quality, Peppermint/Tee Tree/Rosemary/Orange/Lemongrass/Lavender/Eucalyptus/Frankincense, Therapeutic Grade"

The thing is really fucking awesome. It keeps my living/smoking area smelling nice. I always have it going when smoking of course, but I also try and keep it going when I'm out. You can order that pack of oils, find your favorite scent, and then once out buy a larger bottle of it. Most of the scents are also good for your sinuses and health. Lavender and Eucalyptus are the two I usually switch between.

12. Vape only and blow your cloud into an air purifier like this if you want to be on the safe side.[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  13. This diffuser is a very cool idea. It does keep the stink down.
    One word of warning, Tea tree oil is very toxic to dogs. Don't use any essential oils that have that in them in your diffuser if you have pets. It could cause renal failure. Not sure about cats.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Don’t smoke cigs inside. And you gotta keep the place smelling good while you smoke. Incense is best for that. And open any windows you can to air it out more. Make it only smell like weed in your room. Not in the hallway

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

15. You have to invest in a vape. There is no way around it. The smell from a vape goes away in a few minutes and even while you're vaping, there is hardly any smell. I had a friend who broke his hip and had to go into a rehab center and I loaned him my airzo solo. (sp?) It's a hand held vape. he smoked in his room and the nurses never said a word. He used an air freshner like a pine scent from Fabreeze or Glade when he was done. One time the nurse came in right after he vaped ( I was there) and the nurse came in and said "oh your room smells so nice") You can burn insense after you're done vaping too. The answer to your problem is a vape.

Smoke cigarettes outside. That is one stink you can't get rid of.

16. Am I suppose to spray this before smoking or afterwards? Where Can I find this in Nyc? We dont have a walmart here.

Is this only available online? Can I find this in stores? Going to definitely consider buying this

17. Just go outside? Lol you won't be getting any kind of deposit back if it smells when you leave.

18. Smoking cigarettes in a home is stupid it ruins everything take a paper towel and blow smoke through it a few times it’ll turn yellow that tar is filling your lungs and covering your walls.
    Get a vaporizer and some good spray I’m not talking about incense or glade that stuff is for kids and retards. Doesn’t cover up shit.
    Also if your on housing through the federal government I assume u either can’t make it in a state that has high rent, your handycap, or poor why would u risk having a roof over your head to be able to smoke in your apartment.
    https://www.walmart.com/ip/Ozium-Air-Sanitizer-Original-8-Oz/49211793
    2 sprays of this and ya won’t smell anything in 30 seconds it’s used in hospitals doesn’t cover odar it eliminates it.
    Get your priorities strait

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. I've been in the apartments of two different people who smoke cigarettes occasionally indoors.

It fucking reeks. It's so gross. They are never getting that deposit back.

"Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished."