Question about my work out

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by MrGers, Jun 9, 2012.

1. Background: 5'9" 220lbs. I know i'm kinda fat

I started working out again about a week ago since I hopefully will be doing a piss test in the next week or so for a job I really really want.

I'm playing about 2 hours of tennis once or twice a week and doing the bike at the gym for an hour like 3 days a week. It's been 2 weeks I've gone 5 times. Anyway, The machine says I'm burning about 500 cal each visit. Is this good? How long will it take for me to start losing weight? My diet hasn't changed too much cept I've cut out crappy unnecessary foods like mcdonalds, this is mostly because I haven't been high at all these past 2 weeks. I eat 3 full meals a day. Well...more like 2 big meals. I'll take any advice but I'm not looking to go to the gym every day for hours at a time nor am I looking to go on a real diet. But like I said, I'll take any advice. Thanks.

2. I doubt you're getting 500 calories in a hour of biking unless you have a ton of resistance.

Make sure you drink a lot of water and consider getting a detox for before your test.
    Also try to keep really processed foods out of your diet. It's a good thing you're cutting fast food out though.

Good luck!

3. well thats what the machine says. and i do crank it up to 10, think it goes up to 20, and i keep a steady pace of 18-20mph(also what the machine says)
    I have a detox kit, but all a detox kit does is mask the fact that i'll be diluting my pee. which is fine, which i take the test I will definitely use it. but I'd like to continue this regiment if it's the best use of my time.