Question about my seedlings....

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Starlore, Dec 20, 2007.

1. So, im on day 9. Thats 9 days since the seeds were planted, not first growth.

Im using seed starting mix. No nutes, no addatives or feeding in it. Very well aired.

ive done one feeding, at one fourth the required ammount, which it states is very safe for seedlings, clones, or germination.

its a 24 - 8 - 16.

I do very light foliar feeding. This is an indoor grow, and im also using CFLs. Right now, im using 6 daylight CFLs (6500K), at 26 and 27 watts each, putting out plenty of light. Theyre sitting around 4 inches away from the plants, with plenty of ventilation, and a fan running.

ive done reading in many forms, books, forums and searches on the internet. I just havent found the answer which is why im asking. Sorry if it seems like a stupid question, but whilse the problem isnt really bad, I would prefer to catch it before it becomes bad.

My plants have 1 set of serrated leaves, and a 2nd set growing. One plant is starting on the third set. So, theyre very small.

My problem is this: 2 or 3 of the plants have yellow tips on the leaves, not really pale yellow, more like a light green compared to the rest, and theres no spots or brownish marks. It just seems as if the second half of the serated leaves (and only the first set, the second set havent developed the problem on any of the plants). Its basically just a lighter color green than the other leaves, and its only on the tips or the outer half. the part of the leave that is closest to the stem is growing darker green like the rest of the plant.

also, one of the plants that has a lighter green on the outer of the bottom leaves, they seem deformed slightly, wider than the other leaves but very fastly comming toa point near the tip. I dunno, maybee im just watching to closely.

oh and btw, this is bagseed. Overall the plants in question seem very healthy, and arent slowing down with any growth either. Im not sure if this is something normal, or if its something i should correct before it becomes a problem.

Thanks in advance.

2. oh, and sorry for the lengthy post, but as I dont have my camera around, I wanted to describe the situation in detail. If you have any questions please ask em:)

3. this requires a BUMP. :p

Please advise :)

4. It seems to be now spreading to the other plants? could this just be normal? Help me out here!!! someone:)

5. Soil or hydro? What is your runoff pH?

6. Right now i'm in soil, Seed starting soil with no added fertz, micro nutes or nutes. It's part vert, peat moss, perlite.

Lime added for pH ballance. Not sure on the pH right now. I can double check tomm. Though the pH was correct when they were planted.