Question about my seedlings under fluros ?? ??

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by taitpeter, Jun 17, 2004.

1. Im starting out 4 of my seedlings inside under a fluro i have. Ive attachted a picture of the light. The plants will only be inside for a week or two (just to get established) and then they will be moved outside.

Do you think this light will work?

Does it have enough wattage?

Thanks.

Tp

Attached Files:

2. come on guys....i really need some advice.

3. i cant tell how many watts it is so i cant be sure if it will be enough or not

4. Yeah bro that should work. Try to get about 30 watts per square foot. And remember to go buy the actual wattage and not the incandscent comparision. Like the 26 watt one are about the same brightness as a 100 watt incadscent.

5. well remember ur seedlings dont actualy need sunlight untill they have sprouted..... than they wont need as significaly? * as much sunlight as they would as bigger plants..... but they will not grow as quickly..... if i may suggest a windo sill or sumwhere by a window get sum indirect sunlight durin the day and use the fluors for a few hours at night.... remember to train ur ladies by puttin them outside a few times b4 u actualy movem out side.... will help them get ust to the enviroment. peace out sam

6. "remember to train ur ladies by puttin them outside a few times b4 u actualy movem out side"

I don't know if that is the best idea or not. Here's my logic behind thinking that it isn't.

Their are several natural pest out there in the wild. Bugs like spider mites and all kinds of just nasty shit.

There are also several predators to thoose pest out there. Like ladybugs, praying mantis, and other things.

So, if you take you're plants outside and bring them back in, you run the risk of bringing in pest and no predators to eat them. And the last thing you want to do is have a pest problem in your grow room.

7. U can harden em up by bending the stem back and forth GENTLY a few times a day and put a small fan on em! If u are gonna bring em outside a few times to strengthen em then keep ure eye on em, cos like shorty said 'The last thing u want is a pest problem in ure grow room'.
    Good Luck!
    CWL

8. shorty what you say is true BUT this person is going for an out side grow.....there right if you start them up inside you should take them out side for a few hours a day to get them use to the enviroment there going to live in.....

laters jay