Question about my plants harvest time.

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by OCTCannibal22, Nov 2, 2015.

1. #1 OCTCannibal22, Nov 2, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 2, 2015
    I have one female plant this year. It is bag seed. It has been budding since mid/late July outdoors. Right now I'm like 14 and a half weeks into budding(November 1st), so I'm assuming it's a sativa dominant strain. So far I've been checking the trichomes with a 30x jewlers loupe and I'm still seeing clear and some cloudy on the buds. I cut a bud off of the plant on Halloween and it is currently drying of course. The bud I took off I can see some amber color trichomes on some of the small leaves attached to the bud but still some clear and some cloudy on the bud itself. Also the buds on my plant are starting to grow new white hairs. I have heard that when they start to grow new white hairs that it is getting really close to the trichomes to all start turning to milky. I'm thinking of harvesting this Saturday if all goes well. Is this true? Thoughts? Is 14 weeks normal with Sativa strains?

2. I recently chopped an outdoor Nev Haze, which is very sativa. It looked like it could have gone another couple weeks but we had rain and a freeze coming up.

3. I will get a couple pictures up this afternoon.

4. I had a pair of White Widow very sativa leaning plants run clear to Christmas last year and they never really did amber up.. It doesn't freeze here so I could just let them go as long as I wanted.. Was killer stand you on your ear grade.. A few people didn't like it because it was very racy.. No way you were going to nap on this stuff..
    BNW

5. Picture #1

Picture #2

Picture #3

Attached Files:

6. She looks ready whenever you are, sativas can continue flowering past peak harvest window. It's up to you as to how long you can keep it going before the trichs start to degrade. If you still have lots of clear and cloudy then it's probably safe to keep going if your trying for majority Amber.

7. #8 OCTCannibal22, Nov 2, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 3, 2015
    I'm going for a majority of cloudy/milky and some amber here and there. Where I live I'm probably not going to be able to let her go much longer. Surprisingly where I live it is going to be in the low 70's and in the 60's all in this week.

8. I harvested my plant yesterday. The bud I took off on Halloween ended being good smoke so I'm assuming the extra 2 weeks I Iet her go will make for even better smoke!//static.grscty.com//public/style_emoticons/default/smile.png