Question About My New Glass Spoon Pipe

Discussion in 'Smoking Pipes, Glass Spoon Pipes' started by LogFumar, Nov 11, 2012.

1. I recently got my first glass spoon pipe, cam in the mail yesterday! But I have a few questions. I've smoked from home made gravity bongs, home made normal bongs, and a pipe once.

1) When I light the bowl, do I light it directly on the weed or should I keep it a distance from it?

2) When should I release the carb? I know it's the clear the chamber and get fresh air, but I'm a little confused.

Thanks a lot in advance!

2. Try to light the corner of the bowl just barely touching the weed until you see it start to cherry, release the carb when you're getting to your max lung capacity if you want big hits, sooner if you want smaller ones.

3. Should I stop lighting it once it starts to cherry? Or should I keep going?

4. i'm gonna answer question number two..

Hold the carb as you are lighting it to fill the pipe up with smoke. let go of the carb when it is filled to force all of that smoke into your lungs.

5. [quote name='"LogFumar"']

Should I stop lighting it once it starts to cherry? Or should I keep going?[/quote]

Take the lighter off of it once it starts to cherry. You drawing in air will keep the cherry burning. Then take your finger off the carb when you start to get towards your lung capacity.

It's funny because I've never really put much thought in to this because I've seen it done a million times before I even started. Lol. I think you're likely putting too much thought in to this. Just pack it up and give it a go. You'll figure it out.

6. Keep it lit as long as you feel comfortable, when you feel like youve had just about enough smoke, it all depends on how long you can/want to light it for. then let go of the carb letting all the smoke still in the pipe into your lungs. :smoking: you'll get the hang of it pretty quickly

7. Practice makes perfect, you'll get the hang of it in no time I'm sure.

8. 1) It's really a personal preference thing. You might light it one way to make the bowl last longer while somebody else might light it a different way so they can really rip it on the first hit. Personally I'll holder the lighter to the side of the bowl and suck the flame onto the corner of the bowl so it leaves some greens for the next guy.

2) Again, personal preference matters here. You want to keep your finger on the carb while lighting, but after lighting your technique could vary. You could just rip it for a little bit and then pull your thumb off the carb and clear it. What I like to do is fill it and clear it a few times during one hit by letting my thumb on and off the carb.

9. 1) and 2) if you want to take a big hit, hold the flame kind of on the packed weed, but don't torch it (light a lot of it) unless your tryin to finish the bowl. If you're taking a medium sized rip, light it till its cherried then stop lighting it but keep inhaling till you want to stop, let off the carb to clear it, then let your finger on and off the carb until your done. When I first started I always took way too big of rips but practice makes perfect.