Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Question about my intense cartoon vision. Need help :(

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Deadlock, Jan 8, 2012.

1. Hahaha riiiight? I completely lose track of reality and time. I sit for hours trying to remember exactly what I look like but its always a super cartoonish version of my real appearance. I did think I was going crazy for a minute... but what 420mastertoker said seems very understandable. My doctor tried saying I have ADD because I didn't care to pay attention in school. But I think it might also have to do with intelligence in some form. I have an IQ of 190 and all of my more intelligent friends get cartoon vision more often than my less intelligent friends. Our minds could have just mastered the full potential use of THC. But the thoughts behind that theory in itself can prove me crazy ;) damn weed. And yes, the high can be very scary and overwhelming. I've mastered it to a good degree though, but I still want my old high back. Who wants to trade?!

2. I'm already one to dive into philosophical thouhts on a daily basis. But my high makes that thought process so much more intense to the point where I basically understand EVERYTHING I think about. I sucks ass sometimes but most of the time its great hah. Its only when I'm alone though, that's why I like to smoke people out. They get my head out of space

3. #23 Bros BFo Hoes, Jan 8, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2012
    Thats interesting considering I have ADD (never took any medication- parents wouldn't let the docters tell me i needed "speed") and significantly above average intelligence also.. I doubt there would be any connection though. I think this would have happened to me no matter what the scenario.. I wish I could understand what causes it and if its a physical difference in our brains.

Holy SH!! I just realized there is a direct correlation between intelligence of my friends and their tolerance. (Based on level of school classes and what I think of them) Thats pretty weird! I feel like I sound like an idiot right now and I doubt any of this is correct.. But it oddly makes sense.

The most crazy thing for me is the close eye visuals. I see geometric obstacles, shapes, patterns and objects that have no connection or relationship to this world. They are extremely more detailed and vivid than anything I have seen with my own eyes. I close my eyes and I feel/see myself flying through another dimension or something. Even in a room with dark lighting, I see a layer of faint patterns and colors with my eyes open.

4. I'm just guessing it all has to do with how expandable our minds are. And yea I get the same with the visuals and I can feel colors. The visuals flow smoothly in a deep HD feeling. Thoughts that are more subconsciously clear and crisp than any I've ever conjured before. My way of describing it is that its the only time when my thoughts are more clear than my sight

5. Well when you put it like that makes much more since, and so am i, i was with a friend today and we were talking about ADD and he told me it let me know if you find out anything about it! very interesting tho.

6. #26 Bros BFo Hoes, Jan 8, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2012
    WOW! You are like my identical twin.. I have had philosophical experiences when high, that were life changing. I questioned who we are and what the purpose of life is, causing my perspective of reality to be shattered temporarily.(A few seconds) I forgot how everything in the world existed and had a different view of the universe. Really, the thought process when you are high as so extremely abstract, you can have crazy mental experiences.

Synesthesia has also happens to me occasionally. (Merging of senses like how you feel color) I was watching a video and the scene suddenly turned into powerful red. I felt this weird taste in my mouth simultaneously.

The cartoon view of everything is awesome. Colors are so vividly bright, outlines are much more distinct and depth is greatly exaggerated or flattened. This is because so much more light is being let into your eyes. My pupils sometimes grow to sizes near that of LSD and this happens.

7. Have either of you taken psychedelics before

8. Yes I have experimented with psilocybin. I think they are completely different experiences. Different kind of visuals, thoughts, etc. They are difficult to compare but I think weed surprisingly competes in that category for me. I haven't had any high level doses, I understand that would be a whole new animal.

9. I think I would continue to investigate this especially since it hasn't always been this way for you. When something changes radically like that, there's usually a reason. Plus, it seems like it would get to be a pain in the ass if you had to be down for a full-blown "trip" every time you toke.

Keep us updated, yes?

Interesting to read the different experiences people have with cannabis. Some of this makes me jealous.

I was wondering, OP, if you've got a medical recommendation? I'm kind of guessing not since you don't mention it in the OP (apologies if you did elsewhere and I missed it) and it probably would have occurred to you to perhaps ask the MJ Doc if they had an idea about it. Of course, even they probably wouldn't be able to do much better than guess unless it's a specifically known side-effect...

10. Yes, I have my medicard and I'm a california resident. I have it for migraines, insomnia, PTSD and it helps relieve stress in the joints in my back. Also, I've noticed that boredom kills faster than the rest of these symptoms ;) but on another note, I'll keep you guys updated. I'll share experiences and what not so you can better understand what's going on. I would talk to my doc or somebody in my dispensary but its probaly best to keep my doc from knowing the level of fun I'm having with it. I don't think he'd want me to use something that made me trip balls all day every day. Then he'd probably just make me go to therapy or something. I'll do some research though and do occassional trip reports to let people know what's up. Probably once or twice a week I'll make a report

11. I've actually never experimented with them before but I'd like to

12. You're not alone man. I've been smoking nearly all dank for almost a year now, and I feel like I'm in grand theft auto when I'm high. That's as close as I can explain it :smoke:

13. Yea I've actually compared it to playing grand theft auto on full 1080p HD. But that was when it was less intense. Now its like I'm living in a fairy tale land of gumdrops and music...

14. Sometimes other substances cans have an influence on your mind and hence your high. If someone had taken a psychedelic for example it might have a remnant influence.

15. Well me and Bros BFo Hoes had this start happening to us after edibles from a dispensary and its slowly getting more and more intense. I want to conduct a study. I know marijuana is classified as a hallucinogen so obviously SOMEBODY knows that it can do this. I'm going to start researching though. I'll post my research within the next few days

16. I have friend who trips off pot and has done from very early on but his realisation was triggered after he had experienced another substance. I'm trying to stay within the rules here but offer advice. I have no idea how I'm doing.

Also i do think some people are more appreciative of beauty than others. Or imaginative. Or tuned in to the psychedelic realm.

17. lmfao that is not a problem! I think it's cool as hell when it happens to me :) But I understand OP, stuff just looks sweet as hell and everything just looks the same, but better. I remember I was sitting in my car ripping on this bong one morning on a breezy day before class and I looked up at these trees about 3 hits deep and I just remember thinking "wow, those trees look cool as fuck waving in the wind"

18. hah I know where you're coming from, don't worry. I have a couple friends who've had the same thing as me TEMPORARILY after taking hallucinogens but that's not the case. I've figured out that it has to do with my Amygdala

19. Not only that but EVERYTHING I look at is beautiful in its own way and I notice exactly what's beautiful about it the second I see it. And the cartoon vision isn't in short phases. Everything is a complete cartoon ALL the time :/ never any breaks

20. When I first started smoking everything was like that. I remember once I got high before work and there was this girl there that was wearing a bright pink hoodie. I remember just staring at it jaw-slacked for the next few hours, captivated by its beauty. It was so vivid, so ethereal. lol.

Now, I can't seem to get back there and it sucks.