Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Question about my bowl

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by married2mj, Oct 26, 2009.

1. I have a nice little 2 1/2 inch pipe that I smoke a lot when im on the go. The other day I was cleaning it out with the inside of a pen. You know the little metal spiral things that are on the inside of a pen? Well yea, that thing got stuck on the bottom of the bowl part of it.

I've tried everything I could to get it out, but no luck, its pretty much unreachable.

I plan on getting a new one if I can't get it out, but I'm wondering if in the meantime I can smoke out of it? I'm not gonna be smoking the metal, but every time I take a hit, the smoke travels through the little metal part.

I'm just wondering if this is a hazard to my health and I should never smoke through that again or if I'm just being paranoid and can smoke away metal or not.

Thanks gc

2. I dont think it will be a problem because the metal will never get hot enough to start affecting the smoke, but it would annoy the hell outta me!

try cleaning it properly with ISO+salt so it doesnt get stuck in the resin

3. you need to flood it out. hot water or iso alcohol or hydrogen peroxide.

4. You'll be fine, it's just spring steel. It can take the heat without breaking down. As for getting it out you could try compressed air.

5. thanks for all the help everyone!

after an hour of work ive finally got the damn thing out!

cleaning it like you all said helped a lot, and then i used a hanger to get in there. took about 20 mins but i finally manuevered the little thing out the hole.

woooo what a relief.

6. How did u get out?

7. Annoying? Yes. Dangerous? No.

8. Congrats on getting it out, just wanted to say will qucik that using hydrogin proxide won't help clean ur pipes etc, look it up on wiki or whatnot and u will see that the way hydrogin proxide works is by reacting to dead skin/tissue cells. So stick with the iso