question about mp3 players

Discussion in 'General' started by weedzilla420, Jan 25, 2008.

1. hello bladez,

i am about to purchase an mp3 player and had some wanted some advice.

i have narrowed my selection to either a zune or an ipod.

price is an issue and my research has shown that the zune's are less expensive and apparently overall superior to the ipod.

however, i read that the zune, unlike the ipod, will not accept songs that had been downloaded from p2p networks.

is that true?

because that would sort of be a deciding factor for me when purchasing an mp3 player for obvious reasons.

i hope to get one for $150 or less.

this is the zune i want:
    http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8593408&type=product&id=1190678467540

and i guess the other would be an ipod nano.

the reviews for each of the products seems very mixed. some people love the product and some hate it.

can someone please give me some good advice on a good mp3/vid player, that's not too expensive, and can play "all" of my songs.

thanx

2. I have a SanDisk Sansa 8Gb dealie. Cost me $140 I think. They have a 16Gb model now too for under $200. Mine plays media from all kinds of sources ;)

This is the one I've got. I don't really know anything much about iPods or Zunes though...

3. I would definately go with the Zune so much better than an Ipod I got a Zune myself a 30 gig though might eventually get the 80, nice quality and way more durable then an Ipod.

4. all 70 gigs of music on my zune have come straight from bittorrent. its a great player. go with it.