Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Question about marijuana usage

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by epicdankness, Feb 23, 2016.

1. I smoked marijuana for years, almost everyday, chronically. 3-4 years to be precise. I quit cold turkey about 2-3 weeks ago and I have a drug test coming up in a few weeks. I recently just started having my panic attacks back (reason i smoked in the first place, and anxiety) . Would it reset my progress if i smoked .1-.2 worth of weed? I heard it takes 45 days for chronic users to get a completely clean system. I went about 15-20 days clean. Will smoking a small amount reset my progress back to 45? or will it just add a few days onto my 20-25ish days left? Thanks!

2. Yeah if you smoke weed there will be weed in your system

3. Personally I wouldn't, when I get off weed, I do it right and stop all usage. Its not worth the risk and it messes up calculating when you'll be clean. I know it sucks cause I smoke for a wide range of medical reasons as well but unfortunately society doesn't doesn't view marijuana as medical. Sad to say, I think you should suffer through it. Try breathing techniques, its no weed but it does help anxiety a bit. Just try and focus on something for a long time. Being idle really increases my anxiety.

4. just make it through the two weeks and you will be ok after that and for the plus side you will be stoned as fuck when you start again after that

5. Thanks for all the reply guys. I totally agree with you, but didn't answer my question. will it reset my progress back to 45 days til im clean again? or will it just add onto what i already have left? Thanks!

6. Short answer - It could,

Long answer - Weed is cumulative in terms of drug test, the more you use, the long it takes to get out of your system. If you were to smoke say a half a joint and you haven't smoked anything prior, you can pass a drug test in as little as a few days. Rather it goes back up to 45 days depends on how much THC is in your body as of right now. It also depends on weight and metabolism. This is why I say its not worth the risk, you have no way of knowing how long it'll stay in your system but you know that after 45 days you should be clean. So stick to what works and your be fine, its only a few more weeks and like Epintoch said, your be high as fuck than.

If you can't stop smoking for a few weeks that shows a pattern of an addict in my opinion, I am not saying weed is evil or anything but even alcohol can be overused. You should only be smoking when it doesn't interfere with your life, I understand for medical its a bit different but still, its not healthy to be 100% dependent on any medicine. You need coping skills outside of marijuana. Its just a few weeks dude, I know the quality of my life goes down without smoking but somethings are necessary.

7. No, you won't fail your DT. You will just fail to admit you won't stop smoking weed. Quitters all make excuses to start again.

8. 1st of all, completely subjective answer. I think it's much more likely that it would just tack a few/more days on. It shouldn't reset it because it's on the basis of a certain threshold (that isn't 0.0001 ng)