Question about Male plant for making seeds.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by BoyWonder92, Mar 3, 2017.

1. Hello, im new to the forum but i do read alot of your guy's post about things to learn alot about my grow myself.
    Curreny i just started off 3 seeds 2 were female and 1 was a male, so bummed the male was the one seed i got from a seed bank and i know the strain it came from (Alien Grenade) i grew this strain before and was hoping id get a female and ofcourse the one my buddy kicks me is Male, ive already grown it through Veg stage, i grow in soil under 400w MH. But i want to save his pollen, can i just put him in a separate room with just 12hrs of window light and just keep watering him as needed untill he flowers out or, i have another option i can buy myself 5 soft white cfls and stick em n my kitchen light for 12hrs and hide him for the other 12, but will this make him flower so i can collect pollen?

Anyone with breeding experience i could definatly use some advice as i dont want to mess this up i only have one seed of this guy, and hes already 2months old.

attached is some photos of previous female harvest, as u can see i was very happy with this grow 1st time ever growing too.

Attached Files:

2. So this late in flower, you don't want to reduce the lighting by that much, you could severely shock it. I'd say your best bet if your limited on space is put the male under some sort of fine mesh bag, something that wouldn't let the pollen escape.

Sent from my 2PQ93 using Tapatalk

3. But that will also let light through. Even if it doesn't penetrate as far, he still should flower. But if that's not an option, I'd say try to move him onto a porch or in your yard.

4. if only it wasnt 30* outside i was going to do that option, unless i can just keep him in veg untill summer?
    But i do have an extra 400w hps light and closet ican isolate him in and just kinda push him away in there, and kinda let him do his thing would this be optimal enough to just collect his pollen? i dont need alot unless you require alot to make alot of seeds? i dont know much about this i was lucky to get a seed back from this grow.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Yeah man if you have an extra closet and hps than that's what I would do. You might wanna think about turning that closet into your breeding room?

6. If he's already flowering you could try and RE veg till the summer but you risk exposure.

7. Separate area. Totally and completely separate area. Absolutely totally & completely and positively separate area.

Did I mention it needs to be a separate area.

12/12 lighting. CFL will be fine. He WILL FLOWER.

When he does, collect the pollen and allow it to dry. You can then keep it in a baggie in the freezer - but make sure it's dry dry. No heat - just dry.

When needed, you can (SO carefully pollinate specific buds that you want to flower with a q tip dipped into the pollen. Just dab at white calyxes with the q tip dipped in pollen.

You'll make a ton of seeds.

Good luck! This has worked great for me.

J

• Like Like x 2
  8. thanks guys, for the info you all have helped, ill let you guys know how it all goes..