Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Question about making QWISO hash.

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by As Above So Below, Feb 26, 2011.

1. So I got a half ounce (regs) a few days ago and I am really interested in making some QWISO hash. I have a few questions.

1. I only have 70% ISO alcohol, will this work?
    2. Will a quarter/8th be enough? I don't want to use all my bud, I still want to have bud for when the hash is done.
    3. From the time you put it on the pyrex plate how long does it take to dry? Using 70% ISO.
    4. What kind of ventilation do I need? My parents are home and I was just going to let it dry in my basement bathroom/my basement storage room. It's about 72 degrees in my house if it makes a difference.
    5. Since my bud is compacted will I have to grind it up prior to sticking it in a mason jar with ISO?

I might have a few more questions so I might go back and edit this later.

I appreciate all the help :hello:

p.s. I looked through alot of the hash guides but I want to be 100% sure before I do anything. And I don't want to mess it up and only have a small amount of bud left lol.

2. i cant answer one of these questions, therefore this post is essentially pointless. good luck

3. Then please don't reply....

4. 1. I've only used 91%, but i have heard 70 will work, it will just take a bit longer to evaporate.
    2. Use a quarter and smoke it with the other quarter of bud
    3. No idea, some people use heating pads under the plate when letting it dry to help speed it up
    4. A fan blowing near it with a window open would be the best most likely, but not blowing directly on it
    5. Yes grind it up pretty well

just my opinions, im sure everyone does it a little different

5. Thanks asdfg420! My only problem is I don't have proper ventilation. I don't have a fan and window to use. Would just letting it sit there work?

6. #6 MisterNatural, Feb 26, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 26, 2011
    Pretty much what I would have said but don't grind it. Put it in the freezer for a couple hours first, then break it up a little before you soak it. I wouldn't bother making qwiso with that amount but don't let that stop you if you want to give it a try.

EDIT- 70% will work but evaporate slower than 91 or 99%.

EDIT 2 - The amount you're making won't require any special ventilation but the alcohol will stink until most of it evaporates.

7. I've heard of this before. What does it do?

8. Forgot to mention this.

From what I've read it makes the trichomes brittle so they fall off of the bud easier. I froze mine for about 2 hours before I did it.

And no, you don't need anymore ventilation, it just helps speed up the process.